- RT @TheWarReport_: CALICO FIRES AT TECH 9 AND VADA FLY: https://t.co/Hmu9qf81jG via @YouTube
- JERRY WESS VS TEEWHY SMACK/ URL RAP BATTLE https://t.co/ziNgOL8V1L 2017 ISN'T OVER YET!!! WE AREN'T DONE YET !!! FO… https://t.co/07ibYn1NFb
- RT @ThisIsTwiZz: NONE OF THESE NEW CATS PROMOTE THEMSELVES AND THEN WONDER WHY THEY LIVE IN THE PGS
- RT @belikeike_: #Collectors™...This image is so powerful to me... 1ST / 2ND Generation VETs #youcantcopyrespect™ https://t.co/V5VLd0ibvJ
- RT @JohnJohnDaDon: Tay Roc is a Battle Rap God & this solidifies it... remember he's battling DIZASTER in LA when people been saying he's n…
- #youcantcopyrespect™ https://t.co/pGxTdRme2o
- RT @hardeepsbhatti: #Traffic3 is about to be @urltv best event in YEARS!!! 1st half delivered!!!!
- https://t.co/WXV4SQcha5 https://t.co/jNXDqYdCY2
50 Cent Says Kanye West Can’t Just Walk Into The High-End Fashion World
[ Courtesy of HipHopDx.com ]
50 Cent says luxury car companies no longer have to put out commercials thanks to rappers.
While touring the country last year as part of his Yeezus tour, Chicago rapper Kanye West spoke on his desire to infiltrate the fashion world. Through tour rants and radio interviews, the G.O.O.D. Music emcee took aim at the fashion world as he called out the likes of Louis Vuitton, Nike, and other companies.
Fellow rapper 50 Cent recently commented on Ye and the musician’s attempt to break into high fashion during an interview with XXL. According to Fifty, the Windy City emcee’s goal is one that won’t be met overnight.
“In Kanye’s case, wanting to be a part of high-end fashion that’s a process,” 50 Cent said. “It’s not something that just happens. It’s like—they’re not gonna allow you to tomorrow wake up, say ‘This idea, that idea. This idea and I’m in. and I’m hot.’”
Prior to speaking on Kanye, 50 Cent touched on the evolution of fashion in Hip Hop. He recalled seeing rappers sporting white t-shirts with their names or labels plastered on them at past BET Hip Hop Awards. The Queens emcee then went on to point out that Hip Hop artists are now leaning more towards what he referred to as “European-cut clothing.”
“It’s a shift in the way the actual audience is hanging. Now they’re into high-end clothing now,” he said. “They’re wearing European-cut clothing. And as clothes got tighter and tighter and tighter they start buying designer clothing that’s—the person probably wouldn’t want to see them in their clothes. But they don’t realize how much influence pop culture actually has.”
Fifty also discussed high-end car companies like Ferrari and Rolls Royce during his interview with XXL. He pointed out that most of these high-end car companies rarely release commercials since rap videos double as ads for them.
“Just look at the major car companies,” the rapper said. “Look at Ferrari, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini. Those car companies, when’s the last time you saw a commercial for them? They don’t have to if they’re in our music [videos]. And we’re not sending them a bill for it. You see what I’m saying?”
Although 50 Cent has taken time recently to promote his SMS Audio line of headphones, the rapper at one point did launch his own fashion line, G-Unit Clothing Company. Backed by Ecko Unlimited founder Marc Ecko, the G-Unit Clothing Company launched in 2003 and has since taken a hiatus.