- @BigKannon vs @HolmzieDaGod #SSDMVE 06.02.18 _______________ CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS 👉🏾 https://t.co/sfM1YabiRI… https://t.co/rW7oACFsbP
- RT @isthismike_p: Battle Rap Impressions Part 1 https://t.co/p5BYloLSRw
- @onlymrwavy vs @ChefTrez__ #SSDMVE 06.02.18 _______________ CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS 👉🏾 https://t.co/sfM1YabiRI… https://t.co/2OVCb1S3NE
- RT @LilCmyle01: @urltv Has Got One With this SKATES VS GUNPOWDER PATT PG's Better Show up and Show Out! 🔥🔥🔥🔥https://t.co/3qmDmKMKaO
- #SSDMVE 06.02.18 _______________ FREE APPAREL ENDS 05/30/18!!! CLICK to BUY TICKETS 👉🏾 https://t.co/sfM1YabiRI 👈🏾… https://t.co/YLsmNQAhOg
- RT @onlymrwavy: RANDOM THOUGHTS BUT ITS REAL SHYT OUR MENTALITY ALL CONFUSED‼️THE WORLD WE LIVE IN OUR SKIN COLOR ALONE OR ETHNICITY MEANS…
- S/O To THE CLIPSE @PUSHA_T & malice757 For… https://t.co/DCyxDkujjq
- RT @bigterra: Yooo @TheRealTayRoc @BRIZZRAWSTEEN @ChefTrez__ @Sharkcity_Ave @YoungKannon131 y’all pulling up to the @urltv #SSDMV #Cypher t…
50 Cent Says Kanye West Can’t Just Walk Into The High-End Fashion World
[ Courtesy of HipHopDx.com ]
50 Cent says luxury car companies no longer have to put out commercials thanks to rappers.
While touring the country last year as part of his Yeezus tour, Chicago rapper Kanye West spoke on his desire to infiltrate the fashion world. Through tour rants and radio interviews, the G.O.O.D. Music emcee took aim at the fashion world as he called out the likes of Louis Vuitton, Nike, and other companies.
Fellow rapper 50 Cent recently commented on Ye and the musician’s attempt to break into high fashion during an interview with XXL. According to Fifty, the Windy City emcee’s goal is one that won’t be met overnight.
“In Kanye’s case, wanting to be a part of high-end fashion that’s a process,” 50 Cent said. “It’s not something that just happens. It’s like—they’re not gonna allow you to tomorrow wake up, say ‘This idea, that idea. This idea and I’m in. and I’m hot.’”
Prior to speaking on Kanye, 50 Cent touched on the evolution of fashion in Hip Hop. He recalled seeing rappers sporting white t-shirts with their names or labels plastered on them at past BET Hip Hop Awards. The Queens emcee then went on to point out that Hip Hop artists are now leaning more towards what he referred to as “European-cut clothing.”
“It’s a shift in the way the actual audience is hanging. Now they’re into high-end clothing now,” he said. “They’re wearing European-cut clothing. And as clothes got tighter and tighter and tighter they start buying designer clothing that’s—the person probably wouldn’t want to see them in their clothes. But they don’t realize how much influence pop culture actually has.”
Fifty also discussed high-end car companies like Ferrari and Rolls Royce during his interview with XXL. He pointed out that most of these high-end car companies rarely release commercials since rap videos double as ads for them.
“Just look at the major car companies,” the rapper said. “Look at Ferrari, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini. Those car companies, when’s the last time you saw a commercial for them? They don’t have to if they’re in our music [videos]. And we’re not sending them a bill for it. You see what I’m saying?”
Although 50 Cent has taken time recently to promote his SMS Audio line of headphones, the rapper at one point did launch his own fashion line, G-Unit Clothing Company. Backed by Ecko Unlimited founder Marc Ecko, the G-Unit Clothing Company launched in 2003 and has since taken a hiatus.