- O-RED VS BRIZZ RAWSTEEN SMACK/ URL - ORDER BORN LEGACY SUPREME SAT MAY 12TH LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW @… https://t.co/shFosT4rC2
- @GLUEAZY is putting his name in the hat with @TheRealGoodz & @CHARLIECLIPS as battle raps funniest battlers! Check… https://t.co/HoU0pGR6Sn
- @Shotgunsuge103 Vs @GLUEAZY Is Heating Up‼️ Catch The Battle sin Person In Raleigh, NC Or Live On Pay Per View @… https://t.co/r2NWGiXnUi
- RT @dereznow: #BLSUPREME2 FULL CARD @urltv DNA vs O-RED CHARLIE CLIPS vs AVE SHOTGUN SUGE vs GLUEAZY CORTEZ vs RYDA JC vs GEECHI GOTTI MAT…
- @hollowdadon just release the tracksuit he wore against Arsonal, go to https://t.co/HFhauXXrp3 and… https://t.co/yOnvNpSOre
- RT @AvocadoIsGod: . @urltv dropped like 15 battles in march alone.... https://t.co/mYPWmrCCHz
- @AvocadoIsGod Talk to em’!!!
- #killerinstinct What the game is lacking. #URL4LIFE https://t.co/byNWs288y2
After Almost 8 Years, St. Johns University Gives J. Cole His Diploma
J. Cole’s scholastic background has been well documented. The platinum rapper majored in communications and graduated Magna Cum Laude from St. Johns University. Despite an impressive 3.8 grade point average, Cole apparently never got his diploma. As Sowmya Krishnamurthy reports from The Village Voice, things were held up on a bit of a technicality:
“I owed money for a library book that I didn’t turn in,” he admitted sheepishly. He has “no clue” what title it was but apparently even one vanishing book cost him his degree. “If you have any outstanding fee, that translates to money. There’s a price associated with it. I never paid. That’s why I don’t have my degree.”
Thursday night, in a makeshift greenroom backstage at J. Cole’s show at St. John’s, Dr. Julia Upton, the former Provost and the professor of his “Discover New York” class presented Cole with his diploma. Apparently when you’re a chart-topping rapper, the associated fine can be waived.