- RT @TheRealTayRoc: All BATTLE RAPPERS before the year is out let’s link up at a paint balling arena on the east coast and have Free For All…
- RT @belikeike_: Torn like motha’fucka. I’m a big Snakeyez fan, i think he fire. but Mack Mel my guy, I picked him for his Invitational and…
- https://t.co/kiu2zXR0Gj Expect the unexpected with this One | $1000 on the line | #COTN | https://t.co/kiu2zXR0Gj Keep Voting.
- https://t.co/cmxgyDFQ16 THIS ONE WILL BE CRAZY!! Remember, thanks to all the Fans and @Jayblac1615 #COTN, a extra 1… https://t.co/0U1ybrbaMS
- APPAREL ON DECK!!! #SSDMV https://t.co/VHoDBPTOCE
- https://t.co/NkQpTFx2FP Remember. #COTN. An extra $1K for performance for the night!! Keep voting.
- RT @urltv: Email [email protected] or Order The Live Pay Per View @ https://t.co/nJJyCQ9Iy4 NOW‼️ https://t.co/FDQLXgM7dP
After Almost 8 Years, St. Johns University Gives J. Cole His Diploma
J. Cole’s scholastic background has been well documented. The platinum rapper majored in communications and graduated Magna Cum Laude from St. Johns University. Despite an impressive 3.8 grade point average, Cole apparently never got his diploma. As Sowmya Krishnamurthy reports from The Village Voice, things were held up on a bit of a technicality:
“I owed money for a library book that I didn’t turn in,” he admitted sheepishly. He has “no clue” what title it was but apparently even one vanishing book cost him his degree. “If you have any outstanding fee, that translates to money. There’s a price associated with it. I never paid. That’s why I don’t have my degree.”
Thursday night, in a makeshift greenroom backstage at J. Cole’s show at St. John’s, Dr. Julia Upton, the former Provost and the professor of his “Discover New York” class presented Cole with his diploma. Apparently when you’re a chart-topping rapper, the associated fine can be waived.