- Who would've ever thought we would see Rex & Shine battle each other, well it's here, https://t.co/Rwzzi0QgXI… https://t.co/oNZy2FQ0uW
- T-REX VS K-SHINE SMACK/ URL RAP BATTLE https://t.co/Rwzzi0QgXI DOUBLE IMPACT SAT JUNE 24TH https://t.co/1msgBbk139 TICKETS ARE SELLING FAST
- REX X SHINE, who took that?
- DOUBLE IMPACT 2 ANNOUNCEMENT # 2 https://t.co/Yz3idix9NV TICKETS SELLING FAST - https://t.co/1msgBbk139 GET YOURS BEFORE THEY SELL OUT!!!
- T-REX VS K-SHINE https://t.co/Rwzzi0QgXI THE TRAILER FOR THIS WAS THE HIGHEST VIEWED BATTLE CONTENT LAST WK LETS SEE WHAT THE BATTLE DOES!!!
- T-REX VS K-SHINE SMACK/ URL RAP BATTLE https://t.co/Rwzzi0QgXI DOUBLE IMPACT 2 SAT JUNE 24TH IRVING PLAZA https://t.co/1msgBbk139 #URLTV
- Everybody S/O @billcollectormh On The Birth Of His Baby!!! Go Support & Purchase His Music On… https://t.co/wswAweg72V
- ASCENSION ANNOUNCEMENT #2 (6-11-17) https://t.co/mVIE5a7fIT DOUBLE IMPACT 2 SAT JUNE 24TH TICKETS ON SALE NOW https://t.co/1msgBbk139
After Almost 8 Years, St. Johns University Gives J. Cole His Diploma
J. Cole’s scholastic background has been well documented. The platinum rapper majored in communications and graduated Magna Cum Laude from St. Johns University. Despite an impressive 3.8 grade point average, Cole apparently never got his diploma. As Sowmya Krishnamurthy reports from The Village Voice, things were held up on a bit of a technicality:
“I owed money for a library book that I didn’t turn in,” he admitted sheepishly. He has “no clue” what title it was but apparently even one vanishing book cost him his degree. “If you have any outstanding fee, that translates to money. There’s a price associated with it. I never paid. That’s why I don’t have my degree.”
Thursday night, in a makeshift greenroom backstage at J. Cole’s show at St. John’s, Dr. Julia Upton, the former Provost and the professor of his “Discover New York” class presented Cole with his diploma. Apparently when you’re a chart-topping rapper, the associated fine can be waived.