- RT @TheWarReport_: CALICO FIRES AT TECH 9 AND VADA FLY: https://t.co/Hmu9qf81jG via @YouTube
- JERRY WESS VS TEEWHY SMACK/ URL RAP BATTLE https://t.co/ziNgOL8V1L 2017 ISN'T OVER YET!!! WE AREN'T DONE YET !!! FO… https://t.co/07ibYn1NFb
- RT @ThisIsTwiZz: NONE OF THESE NEW CATS PROMOTE THEMSELVES AND THEN WONDER WHY THEY LIVE IN THE PGS
- RT @belikeike_: #Collectors™...This image is so powerful to me... 1ST / 2ND Generation VETs #youcantcopyrespect™ https://t.co/V5VLd0ibvJ
- RT @JohnJohnDaDon: Tay Roc is a Battle Rap God & this solidifies it... remember he's battling DIZASTER in LA when people been saying he's n…
- #youcantcopyrespect™ https://t.co/pGxTdRme2o
- RT @hardeepsbhatti: #Traffic3 is about to be @urltv best event in YEARS!!! 1st half delivered!!!!
- https://t.co/WXV4SQcha5 https://t.co/jNXDqYdCY2
At the Top of #MtOlympus
“Mt. Olympus” is the funky ride to the galaxy of Cadillactica, Big K.R.I.T.’s forthcoming studio album. K.R.I.T. is Ole Miss’ pride and joy, magnolia tree-gravitas and all, he graciously stakes his claim as being a cut above the rest in “Mt. Olympus.” It’s becoming more common for rappers to either refer to themselves as God, or in K.R.I.T.’s case, refer to his stature in Hip-Hop as being god-like.
Southerners rarely make those kinds of bold assertions when it comes to anything closely related to higher powers. Growing up in the south old folks are quick to tell you that God will not be mocked, but K.R.I.T. is more concerned with being respected for having lyrical muscle, rather than being seen as the run of the mill, molly-popping, turn-up rapper.
© Copyright Eddie Savoy Bailey III, 2014
Written by: Eddie Bailey of The Savoy Media Group
Email: [email protected]