- SMACK VOL1 ANNOUNCEMENT #1(BATTLE EVENT 12/9) LIVE ON PPV @ https://t.co/3U7FBfxdsI MORE BATTLES TO BE ANNOUNCED!!! https://t.co/5i9cnaluZ8
- WHO YOU GOT? | #SMACKVOL1™ |@Sharkcity_Ave VS @DABEST_BMAGIC | https://t.co/WXV4SQcha5 | #youcantcopyrespect™
- @AvocadoIsGod 💪🏽💪🏽 yes sir https://t.co/BM581nliQ3
- RT @iknowbrasco: This next @urltv EVENT CONCEPT IS FUCKING 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 and the battle announcement. Yeah that has potential classic written on…
- RT @AvocadoIsGod: Dec 9th. Hello NYC @urltv
- RT @TheWarReport_: AVE VS B MAGIC GOING DOWN!!! 12/09!!!: https://t.co/17jVplLX0Y via @YouTube
- RT @belikeike_: WHATTTTTTTTT https://t.co/wfkoh39ChY
- SMACK VOL1 ANNOUNCEMENT #1(BATTLE EVENT 12/9) https://t.co/Fpo0i8ZFqS ONE MORE EVENT BEFORE THE YEAR ENDS!! THANKS FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT!!!
BattleRap.com | Hollow Da Don Credits Loaded Lux, Murda Mook For Higher Battle Fees
With more comments on their upcoming battle, Hollow Da Don spoke with VladTV about facing off against Joe Budden in July, who he thinks is the strongest Slaughterhouse emcee, and why he credits Loaded Lux for pushing the envelope on high-stake battle fees.
Asked about his own influence within the quick development of higher paid battlers, Hollow referenced Loaded Lux and Murda Mook as part of the trend.
“I definitely wanna really give a shoutout to Lux,” he said. “I think he did that. As far as opening up getting paid more. Mook also.”
Speaking on recent comments from Norbes about the possibility of a Slaughterhouse versus URL battlers card, Hollow agreed that the Shady records rappers might fall short.
“Shit, it depend on who you put against who,” he said. “Like Norbes said though, I don’t think nobody would win on their side. I think somebody would win a round. I think it would be a close battle. I don’t know. It depends on who you put against who. I think Crooked I against Ill Will, I don’t know. It depends on the match-ups, honestly.”
Offering up some possible matchups himself, he started with his own battle against Budden.
“I’m already battling Joe Budden so I guess that makes sense,” he said. “Crooked I against Loaded Lux. That’d be fire. Royce against Hitman Holla or Royce against [Tsu] Surf. Joell Ortiz, Charlie Clips. Them actually fire battles now that I think about it. Outside of the Royce one, Crooked I and Lux and Clips and Joell Ortiz is fire. Matter fact, I’m ‘bout to make that happen,” he joked.
Speaking more generally about which Slaughterhouse emcee he thinks would adapt best to the battling environment, Hollow began by breaking down his back-and-forth opinion on who the strongest link is.
“The crazy thing about Slaughterhouse, when they first got together and shit for their first album, that’s how I knew they were wild nice,” he said. “I used to switch up who I thought was the best. Damn, I don’t wanna say this ‘cause it gon’ seem like I’m saying this ‘cause I’m battling him. But Joe Budden came in last most of the time. He just ain’t flip his shit up sometimes on certain records how they was flipping their shit up. At one point I thought Joe Budden was the best still. At first it was Royce, I was like, ‘Oh, Royce is the best.’ Then I was like, ‘Nah, Crooked I the best.’ Then I was like, ‘Joell’s the best.’ Then I was like, ‘Joe’s the best.’ Honestly, in a battle, I think who would fare the best is probably—it’s hard to say ‘cause all them niggas is nice son.”