- #NOME8 06.23.18 @TOPBIZZY vs @illwill6deep _______________ BUY TICKETS: 👉🏾 https://t.co/ZzEIyn0O4b 👈🏾 TAY ROC VS… https://t.co/sxtrLqKt1j
- RT @DNA_GTFOH: The champ likes what url is doing https://t.co/2YGbkT6Fuk
- #SSDMVE 06.02.18 _______________ BORN VS JOE Punchline after Punchline!!!! | Survivor Series Encore | GET YOUR TI… https://t.co/TKTc3h6Mn9
- RT @belikeike_: #random Who is the better rapper (lyrically)? (Not talking sales) Do Remember: #SSDMVE 06.02.18 https://t.co/FxTHmj6qaw
- #SSDMVE 06.02.18 _______________ FACE OFF TONIGHT 9/9:30PM TUNE-IN & BUY TICKETS 👉🏾 https://t.co/NdxjEKRGq1 👈🏾 JA… https://t.co/GhBwDAY6vU
- NOME 8 ANNOUNCEMENT #2 (6-23-18) https://t.co/usSTVANcQZ TICKETS @ https://t.co/OjRGvl8dDc DONT MISS HISTORY BE AP… https://t.co/rNk9Q24kHn
- #SSDMV2ENCORE 👇🏽👇🏽CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS👇🏽👇🏽 👉🏾 https://t.co/sfM1YabiRI 👈🏾 @Its_NunnNunn vs… https://t.co/LeuiR7BlwS
- RT @Sharkcity_Ave: Niggas be confused. First we're not good enough and all that hollywood shit, then it's the "call out" smh lol. You gotta…
Bxtches Be Like – A Social Commentary
A few days ago Rap Radar posted a music video by recording artist Rico Love from his Discrete Luxury EP, entitled Bitches Be Like (which I’ll stylize as Bxtches Be Like). Amused by the title, my first impulse was to click the link to humor myself of what I thought I was about to hear. Instead, I heard something very different. A type of twisted social commentary is what I call it.
Bxtches Be Like, for those who are not well versed in social media, is an Internet colloquialism for describing what women stereotypically do: with the word “bxtches” replacing “women” as a name that is attached to the stereotypical behavior.
On the outset the song appears to be a loving but firm discourse. Love topics particular women who chase after material possessions and meaningless relationships because they don’t know their own worth. “You were always the life of the party/But when you gonna give your life to somebody/It’s like you find more pain than pleasure/You know you can’t play that game forever/How long you gon’ carry on, carry on like this/Different city every night still looking for a nxgga who gon’ wife it.”
© Copyright Eddie Savoy Bailey III, 2014
Written by: Eddie Bailey of The Savoy Media Group
Email: [email protected]