- If you’re an artist or you have a brand (ie clothing, beverage or more) & are looking to have your brand or music p… https://t.co/2DR9bepYxt
- SMACK/ URL ONE OFF TRAILER (3-3-18) https://t.co/mt8bDmj6bt SAT MARCH 3RD THE LEXINGTON THEATER 129 E 3RD STREET LO… https://t.co/VSvrrk7mMm
- SMACK/ URL ONE OFF TRAILER (3-3-18) https://t.co/mt8bDmj6bt SAT MARCH 3RD THE LEXINGTON THEATER 129 E 3RD STREET L… https://t.co/mXPXuvIAO0
- T-TOP SPEAKS ON KENNEKA JENKINS PUNCHLINE https://t.co/jSTnZKvmnK
- HOLLOW DA DON TALKS ARSONAL BATTLE SMACK VOL 2 (3-31-18) ORDER THE PAY PER VIEW SAT MARCH 31 @… https://t.co/C1ExZdTXye
- The Guy Dancing purchases @urltv Live Pay Per View Streams‼️The Guy Who Flipped & Knocked… https://t.co/AfGWJl9YUp
- RUM NITTY FEAT. LOTTA ZAY "BODIED" (FULL VIDEO) Support By Retweeting & Watching The Video‼️@RumNitty #TeamHomi https://t.co/4Hom6Ie8tD
- BIG T "POISON LOVE STORY" (FULL VIDEO) HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY‼️ https://t.co/5gPFpcoY9K
Bxtches Be Like – A Social Commentary
A few days ago Rap Radar posted a music video by recording artist Rico Love from his Discrete Luxury EP, entitled Bitches Be Like (which I’ll stylize as Bxtches Be Like). Amused by the title, my first impulse was to click the link to humor myself of what I thought I was about to hear. Instead, I heard something very different. A type of twisted social commentary is what I call it.
Bxtches Be Like, for those who are not well versed in social media, is an Internet colloquialism for describing what women stereotypically do: with the word “bxtches” replacing “women” as a name that is attached to the stereotypical behavior.
On the outset the song appears to be a loving but firm discourse. Love topics particular women who chase after material possessions and meaningless relationships because they don’t know their own worth. “You were always the life of the party/But when you gonna give your life to somebody/It’s like you find more pain than pleasure/You know you can’t play that game forever/How long you gon’ carry on, carry on like this/Different city every night still looking for a nxgga who gon’ wife it.”
© Copyright Eddie Savoy Bailey III, 2014
Written by: Eddie Bailey of The Savoy Media Group
Email: [email protected]