- COMPARE STATS SUGE VS GLUE #BLS2 - 05.12.18 PPV: https://t.co/WXV4SQcha5 https://t.co/3U7FBfxdsI BE HERE LIVE (in… https://t.co/XojzeVeuUm
- RT @RapBattleCast: If I could I would make a tv show starring @JakkBoyMaine and @GLUEAZY called Jakk and Glue Are Here to Shit On You. Basi…
- RT @TheRealGoodz: Just watched Champion.. about Me and Roc.. DOPE!.. But hey I always lose on the polls... #Underdog But l get BUSY in e…
- RT @TheRealTayRoc: I never asked for it either so u jus out here saying shit for nothin! Nigga u wanted it! https://t.co/pgsehoiWbg
- RT @TheRealGoodz: And Let's Be Clear... I NEVERED Asked for this Battle.. @urltv Brung it to me..
- Which of these opponents would make the best battle for Qleen Paper, Young X or Moon? @hiphopisrealtv @deboqotr… https://t.co/L1tyVl4dLM
- @Sharkcity_Ave your presence is requested at the URL Cypher June 1st #SurvivorSeriesDMV-Encore weekend https://t.co/eWQnf4GRAr
- @QOTRING @deboqotr @brooklynbabs @MrGrindSeason @SaRaKaNa WE NEED THE QOTR LADIES AT THE @urltv #CYPHER June1st… https://t.co/wKaDeUo2oE
CC Sabathia Signs with Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports
[Courtesy of BleacherReport.com]
Roc Nation Sports added another major star to its lineup with the addition of CC Sabathia. The agency announced the New York Yankees starting pitcher as its newest client on Thursday, Jan. 16.
Welcome @CC_Sabathia to the @RocNation family! #RocNationSports pic.twitter.com/UIhtsdbOKe
— Roc Nation (@RocNation) January 17, 2014
According to ESPN’s Darren Rovell, Roc Nation Sports president Juan Perez said, “CC exemplifies everything Roc Nation looks for in an athlete and a partner.”
Headed up by Jay Z, Roc Nation boasts Geno Smith, Kevin Durant, Victor Cruz and Skylar Diggins as clients, and its sports influence is only growing. Roc Nation is the agency that negotiated Robinson Cano’s 10-year, $240 million contract with the Seattle Mariners.
According to HardballTalk’s D.J. Short, Sabathia was previously represented by Legacy Sports’ Brian Peters.
Roc Nation will have to wait before it has a chance to work out a deal for its newest client. Sabathia’s current contract runs through 2016, with a vesting option for 2017. He signed a one year-extension with the Yankees back in 2011.
Andy McCullough of The Star-Ledger breaks down exactly how much Sabathia will earn between now and 2016.
CC Sabathia, of course, will earn least $76 million through 2016 as he plays out his Yankees contract.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughSL) January 17, 2014
Since his status on the field is covered for the immediate future, Roc Nation can focus on turning the 33-year-old into an even bigger star off the field. As Rovell notes, Sabathia already has appeared in commercials for Pepsi and Subway, in addition to his endorsement deal with Jordan brand.
That could change in the future, as aligning himself with Jay Z will only increase Sabathia’s ability to pad his already comfortable yearly salary.
Signing a former Cy Young Award winner could also help recruit other stars and help build what is already a growing sports agency in Roc Nation Sports.