- RT @RapBattleCast: If I could I would make a tv show starring @JakkBoyMaine and @GLUEAZY called Jakk and Glue Are Here to Shit On You. Basi…
- RT @TheRealGoodz: Just watched Champion.. about Me and Roc.. DOPE!.. But hey I always lose on the polls... #Underdog But l get BUSY in e…
- RT @TheRealTayRoc: I never asked for it either so u jus out here saying shit for nothin! Nigga u wanted it! https://t.co/pgsehoiWbg
- RT @TheRealGoodz: And Let's Be Clear... I NEVERED Asked for this Battle.. @urltv Brung it to me..
- Which of these opponents would make the best battle for Qleen Paper, Young X or Moon? @hiphopisrealtv @deboqotr… https://t.co/L1tyVl4dLM
- @Sharkcity_Ave your presence is requested at the URL Cypher June 1st #SurvivorSeriesDMV-Encore weekend https://t.co/eWQnf4GRAr
- @QOTRING @deboqotr @brooklynbabs @MrGrindSeason @SaRaKaNa WE NEED THE QOTR LADIES AT THE @urltv #CYPHER June1st… https://t.co/wKaDeUo2oE
- Who y’all wanna see @TOPBIZZY battle next? @B_dot_the_GoD @illwill6deep @NUJERZEYTWORK or @TheRealTayRoc… https://t.co/BMwY4Zzj2D
De La Soul: Signing to a Major Label Is Slavery
The phenomenal Hip-Hop trio that is De La Soul has been nourishing the genre since the late ’80s, and during a recent sit down with VladTV they discussed the ramifications of their successful Kickstarter campaign to fund their upcoming album.
A joyful Maseo opens up the convo about the group’s prosperous path with Kickstarter and says, “You know, I told somebody this is the best record deal I ever had.” Soon Trugoy the Dove adds his perspective on how securing funds from Kickstarter dramatically differs from that of a traditional record deal from a label like E1 Music, formerly known as Koch Records.
“Koch is an entity and a corporation, or a company that’s going to invest thinking that they’re going to get a return. Kickstarter is the fan that wants to hear an album from you and doesn’t expect any profit, other than the music. That’s it,” proclaims Dave.
This incredible account from De La Soul also includes other provocative subjects like dispelling the myth that the group is financially strapped, why signing to a major label is akin to slavery, and the beautiful opportunities that a supportive fanbase can offer.