- O-RED VS BRIZZ RAWSTEEN SMACK/ URL - ORDER BORN LEGACY SUPREME SAT MAY 12TH LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW @… https://t.co/shFosT4rC2
- @GLUEAZY is putting his name in the hat with @TheRealGoodz & @CHARLIECLIPS as battle raps funniest battlers! Check… https://t.co/HoU0pGR6Sn
- @Shotgunsuge103 Vs @GLUEAZY Is Heating Up‼️ Catch The Battle sin Person In Raleigh, NC Or Live On Pay Per View @… https://t.co/r2NWGiXnUi
- RT @dereznow: #BLSUPREME2 FULL CARD @urltv DNA vs O-RED CHARLIE CLIPS vs AVE SHOTGUN SUGE vs GLUEAZY CORTEZ vs RYDA JC vs GEECHI GOTTI MAT…
- @hollowdadon just release the tracksuit he wore against Arsonal, go to https://t.co/HFhauXXrp3 and… https://t.co/yOnvNpSOre
- RT @AvocadoIsGod: . @urltv dropped like 15 battles in march alone.... https://t.co/mYPWmrCCHz
- @AvocadoIsGod Talk to em’!!!
- #killerinstinct What the game is lacking. #URL4LIFE https://t.co/byNWs288y2
Dr. Dre to Donate ‘Compton’ Album Proceeds to Fund Arts Center for Kids
Courtesy of Variety: Dr. Dre announced that he will donate the royalties from his new album “Compton,” a companion to N.W.A. biopic “Straight Outta Compton,” toward the construction of a community center in Compton, Calif., where children could learn about arts and entertainment.
Dre announced the donation Thursday morning on Apple Music’s “Beats 1″ radio show with Zane Lowe.
“I reached out to the Compton mayor’s office, got in touch with the mayor, Aja Brown, and I’ve decided to donate all of my artist royalties from the sale of this album to help fund a new performing arts and entertainment facility for the kids in Compton,” Dre said.
He added, “I’ve been really trying to do something special for Compton and just couldn’t quite figure out what it was. [Brown] actually had this idea, and she was already in the process of working on it. I said, ‘Boom, this is what we should do.’”
The 16-track companion to the biopic is subtitled “A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre.” The set includes cuts from rap heavyweights Eminem, Ice Cube, Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, the Game and Xzibit. The hip-hop legend said working on the movie energized him to make new music.
“During principal photography, I felt myself going to the studio and being so inspired by the movie that I started recording an album,” Dre said on his Beats 1 show earlier this month.
“Compton” will debut on Apple Music Thursday night at 6 p.m. PT, streaming on loop for three hours before officially dropping Friday, Aug. 7.
“Straight Outta Compton” bows in theaters Aug. 14.