- #WGH Today. Be Here https://t.co/kBSagM0gs4
- @JuniorRAka6 elaborate
- Which 1 of these MCs would u have liked to have seen make NOME @ChefTrez__ @NUJERZEYTWORK @isthismike_p @RumNitty @UnbiasReview @Jayblac1615
- Which #NOME7 battle will be battle of the night (We know there's 5 battles but it will only allow 4 options) @UnbiasReview @Jayblac1615
- NOME 7 sold out with a little over 2 weeks until the event! What was the biggest selling point 4 u as a fan? @UnbiasReview @Jayblac1615
- NOME 7 UPDATE https://t.co/QPZ9NzHDrr
HHDX | Fat Joe Divulges Name Of Knicks Player Biggie Rapped About On “I Got A Story To Tell”
Fat Joe closes the book on decades-long, “I Got A Story To Tell” mystery.
The New York Knicks player The Notorious B.I.G. rapped about on his Life After Death record, “I Got A Story To Tell” is the late Anthony Mason, according to Fat Joe. During an appearance on ESPN’s Highly Questionable, hosts Bomani Jones and Dan Le Batard questioned Joe about the mystery they’ve attempted to crack for years.
While the Bronx lyricist did reveal Mason to be the subject of the song, which details Biggie’s rendezvous with the athlete’s girlfriend, he did add that rappers tend to “stretch the truth.”
“I could tell you, but I don’t want to be disrespectful,” Fat Joe said. “But it was about Anthony Mason. Rest in peace…It was about Ant Mason. And Ant Mason’s my brother. I love Ant Mason. But you gotta also know that rappers–This is entertainment. We stretch the truth. We change things up…What I heard was it was about Anthony Mason. That was the rumor. That was the very, strong possibility it was about Anthony Mason.”
In the outro to “I Got A Story To Tell,” Biggie offered up a handful of vague details about the Knicks player, leaving Hip Hop fans to fend for themselves when it concerned the man’s identity.
“I’m up in this bitch, playa. This bitch fuckin’ with one of them ol’ Knick ass niggas and shit,” Biggie explains in the song’s outro. “I’m up in the spot though. One of them six-five niggas. I don’t know…Soon this nigga comes up in the spot, flash the Desert in his face he drops the glass. Looked like the nigga pissed on his-self or something. Word to mother! Ahh fuck it. This nigga runs dead to the floor, peels up the carpet, start giving me mad papers, mad papers.”
Anthony Mason died last year, after suffering from a massive heart attack.