- RT @BattlePosts: RT to get this battle to 1,000,000 views! @illwill6deep and @RumNitty showed TF out in this battle. @urltv @SMACKWHITE GO…
- RT @Battle_Rap_News: Official Trailer for @URLTV’s “Survivor Series” DMV Event + PPV : https://t.co/i3nrgzSDzR https://t.co/DxlibLTeOA
- @Diddy Get back in tune with Battle Rap @Diddy. Salute.
- RT @TOPBIZZY: Pull up this weekend in Richmond v.a for @urltv survivor series event and Smoke wit ya Boy BIZZY… https://t.co/P5uX4GcEuP
- RT @Therealtech9: If you still being cheap in 2018 and searching the internet for bootleg versions of battle rap PPVs you are the problem w…
- WHO YOU GOT? #SSDMV #PGDMV SPANISH HARLEM @RicardoMarcelis VS AP (who has his social?) Get Famliar w/ their Bat… https://t.co/LRmev0jzDC
- JADE VS LADY FLAMEZ : SURVIVAL SERIES SAT JAN 20TH LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW @ 2PM https://t.co/nJJyCQ9Iy4 ORDER IT NOW‼️ https://t.co/oyDKLOthrB
- DOT VS MO MULA SMACK/ URL RAP BATTLE‼️ WELCOME HOME DOT‼️ORDER SURVIVOR SERIES ON PAY PER VIEW @… https://t.co/fJxcHx6RiO
HHDX | Hip Hop Album Sales: Yo Gotti & Run The Jewels Projects Debut On Billboard 200 Albums Chart
For the last Billboard 200 albums chart of 2016, Yo Gotti’s White Friday (CM9) and Run The Jewels’ RTJ3 make their debuts on the list. J. Cole maintains his position and Drake sneaks back into the Top 10 with VIEWS.
Yo Gotti Charts In Top 20 With “White Friday (CM9)”
Yo Gotti returns with White Friday (CM9) reaching the #16 spot on the chart. It sold 33,945 equivalent album units and was streamed 13.4 million times. This follows the success of the Memphis rapper’s highest-charting album, The Art of Hustle, which peaked at #4 in March of 2016.
Run The Jewels’ “RTJ3” Makes Its Debut
Run The Jewels lands at #35 with its RTJ3 project, which was a special Christmas present for fans last year. The album pushed 23,362 equivalent album units and was streamed 8.6 million times. This beats RTJ2‘s sales when it peaked at the #50 spot and spent four weeks on the chart in 2014.
Drake’s “VIEWS” Sneaks Back Into Top 10
In its 35th week on Billboard’s 200 albums chart, Drake’s VIEWS finds its way back into the Top 10, landing at #8 with a 46 percent leap in sales. It pushed 49,239 equivalent album units and was streamed 31.6 million times in the seven-day cycle.
Top 10 Billboard Top 200 Rap & R&B Albums For The Week Ending 12/29/2016
Note: The first number below is this week’s “total album equivalent units” count, an intersection of album sales, single sales, and streams implemented by Billboard’s new rating system. A pure album sales figure is available in bold in parenthesis and information about each album’s streaming count is available in brackets.
#2 The Weeknd — Starboy — 93,716 (33,033) [62,987,170]
#3 Bruno Mars — 24K Magic — 80,510 (54,845) [17,936,698]
#4 J. Cole — 4 Your Eyez Only — 75,109 (42,984) [40,263,154]
#8 Drake – VIEWS — 49,239 (18,672) [30,919,268]
#10 Various Artists — Suicide Squad: The Album — 41,802 (20,302) [10,827,899]
#16 Yo Gotti — White Friday (CM9) — 33,945 (22,731) [13,402,942]
#19 Rae Sremmurd — SremmLife 2 — 32,111 (3,654) [18,300,360]
#25 Post Malone — Stoney — 29,7200 (5,826) [29,853,052]
#28 Rihanna — Anti — 26,378 (6,002) [17,197,397]
#30 Various Artists — The Hamilton Mixtape — 25,651 (21,923) [3,982,981]