- @JazTheRapper wants to know which battle was @TheRealTayRoc best showing out of these 4 [ do remember >> #SM6 https://t.co/Ls79BTs3Aq
- #Remembering the #GoldenEra @Raekwon @GhostfaceKillah @Jayblac1615 @ANGRYFAN007 @threeletterman3 @MickeyFactz… https://t.co/b4yeiSxMa3
- RT @NUJERZEYTWORK: NEWEST MEMBER OF THE GOONIES ☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️☣️ https://t.co/497ZTeTFue
- RT @kgthepoet: @WhyWontStueyDIE vs @reepahrell up next this way @urltv #traffic3 announcements coming soon 📽🎬
- RT @GLUEAZY: #GooonieGang 💯💯💯 @urltv https://t.co/fSvSaRiXzI
- RT @whiteguyonsmack: 8:00PM EST Special announcement! https://t.co/UU8rlwHPfd @URLTV #TWR #SM6PG #SM6 https://t.co/ki6zzC7PGQ
- #Remembering the #GoldenEra @icecube @drdre @swavesevah @SnoopDogg @E40 @TooShort @thegame @threeletterman3… https://t.co/0muZ6gvRyS
- GEECHI GOTTI VS GLUEAZY SMACK/ URL https://t.co/DqXVlitDmt BATTLE IS CRAZY!!! SM6 https://t.co/1msgBbk139 GET YOUR TKTS TODAY!!!
HIPHOPDX | 50 Cent On “Empire”: “It’s Like ‘Glee'”
50 Cent also says that the storyline of “Empire” moves too fast.
50 Cent, the executive producer of the Starz network program Power, compares rival program Empire to a third program.
“It’s like Glee,” 50 Cent says during an interview with MTV. “It’s like Glee with a little Hip Hop music in it.”
On Power, the G-Unit honcho portrays Kanan, a convict who first appeared in the series’ fourth episode. On Empire, Taraji P. Henson portrays Cookie Lyon, a convict who appeared in the first episode after being incarcerated for 17 years.
“I was like, ‘Damn. What happened? What happened to the rest of the story?’” 50 Cent says of Cookie’s character’s emergence. “I don’t know what’s going on. It started moving real fast.”
Despite his criticism of Empire, 50 Cent says that he salutes the program’s success because several of his friends, including Timbaland and Terrence Howard, appear on the program.
“I think it’s good,” he says, “and I’m happy the show’s successful.”
In December, the Queens, New York rapper took a shot at Empire, which airs on Fox, claiming the show’s advertising is too similar to that of Power.