- RT @RapBattleCast: If I could I would make a tv show starring @JakkBoyMaine and @GLUEAZY called Jakk and Glue Are Here to Shit On You. Basi…
- RT @TheRealGoodz: Just watched Champion.. about Me and Roc.. DOPE!.. But hey I always lose on the polls... #Underdog But l get BUSY in e…
- RT @TheRealTayRoc: I never asked for it either so u jus out here saying shit for nothin! Nigga u wanted it! https://t.co/pgsehoiWbg
- RT @TheRealGoodz: And Let's Be Clear... I NEVERED Asked for this Battle.. @urltv Brung it to me..
- Which of these opponents would make the best battle for Qleen Paper, Young X or Moon? @hiphopisrealtv @deboqotr… https://t.co/L1tyVl4dLM
- @Sharkcity_Ave your presence is requested at the URL Cypher June 1st #SurvivorSeriesDMV-Encore weekend https://t.co/eWQnf4GRAr
- @QOTRING @deboqotr @brooklynbabs @MrGrindSeason @SaRaKaNa WE NEED THE QOTR LADIES AT THE @urltv #CYPHER June1st… https://t.co/wKaDeUo2oE
- Who y’all wanna see @TOPBIZZY battle next? @B_dot_the_GoD @illwill6deep @NUJERZEYTWORK or @TheRealTayRoc… https://t.co/BMwY4Zzj2D
HIPHOPDX | Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Reportedly Receiving Senior Positions At Apple
Dr. Dre’s lawsuit against Death Row Records rejected. The rapper/producer and Jimmy Iovine will reportedly not buy the Clippers for $1 billion.
Following news of Apple’s reported acquisition of Beats Electronics, added details have been revealed in regards to the alleged detail between Apple and Beats Electronics founders Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine.
In addition to possibly purchasing Beats Electronics and their newly-launched music streaming service for $3.2 billion, XXLMag.com reports that Apple is also willing to shell out high-ranking positions to both Dr. Dre and Iovine at Apple.
It is unclear what the pair’s specific jobs will be, but it has been reported that they will work directly with Apple CEO, Tim Cook.
Although Dre could stand to make millions if a deal between Beats Electronics and Apple is solidified, the noted rapper/producer will not see any money from the $3 million lawsuit he filed against Death Row Records earlier this year.
According to HotNewHipHop.com, Dre’s lawsuit against his former label home has been thrown out. As part of the lawsuit, he was reportedly seeking “mechanical royalties, artist-producer royalties, digital sales, and bonus pay” from the currently bankrupt label.
Among the monies Dre says he was owed was $1,200,386.57 in unpaid artist-producer royalties, $1,179,913 from digital sales, and $676,444.44 for unpaid mechanical royalties.
A past lawsuit against Death Row Records, which proved successful for Dr. Dre, was one reason a judge threw out his most recent lawsuit against the label.
In other Dr. Dre news, HotNewHipHop.com reports that Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine are not purchasing the Los Angeles Clippers for one billion dollars. Rumors of a deal between the pair and Clippers owner Donald Sterling began to spread following the release of a fake news story on CreamBMP.com.
Although Dre and Iovine will not be purchasing the Clippers for one billion dollars, Dre did express interest in purchasing the team while speaking with TMZ last month.
“Absolutely. Thinking about it,” he said, when asked about possibly purchasing the team.