- RT @Th3Saga: All these lil battle rap fans that hate me really be buggin‼️ Enough talk, Ima show them why I’m one of the best pens in this…
- The mixtape 86’d from Rum Nitty is OUT NOW !! Go support real lyricism this is just the beginning!!! More to come s… https://t.co/9DajTNJdqy
- JERRY WESS VS JAKKBOY MAINE RAP BATTLE| URLTV https://t.co/34GJJFSwZu ORDER NOME 8 SAT JUNE 23RD LIVE ON PAY PER VI… https://t.co/9eVJCcZ01M
- @HitmanHolla is back on SUMMER MADNESS‼️ Who would you wanna see him battle though? @BRIZZRAWSTEEN @TheRealTayRoc… https://t.co/KZOSLxlSzc
- ‼️HEEEEEEESSSSS BAAACCCKKK‼️ @HitmanHolla returns to @urltv & 🔥Summer Madness🔥 Vs who though? @hiphopisrealtv… https://t.co/TRPlCUIVMD
- JERRY WESS VS JAKK BOY MAINE RELEASE TRAILER (6-20-18) | URLTV https://t.co/nqgYYfl5DD ORDER NOME 8 LIVE ON PAY PE… https://t.co/qNdCwq3mJY
- This Friday URL teams with @ScottyRaps & Houston Bar Code the night before NOME 8! We will be in the building make… https://t.co/BtZJLlixfr
- SUMMER MADNESS 7 ANNOUNCEMENT #1 | URLTV https://t.co/ajHMjgsofi WE;RE JUST GETTING STARTED!!! THE LEADERS WILL ALW… https://t.co/kRmQ5xDIcE
HipHopDx | Goodz Details How Joe Budden Can Benefit From Hollow Da Don Battle
“Niggas might kill me for saying this,” Goodz says, “Joe might be Top 10. He’s real underrated.”
Speaking about a much talked-about possible battle between Hollow Da Don and Slaughterhouse emcee Joe Budden, battle rapper Goodz detailed his perspective on Budden’s underrated status as a lyricist in a recent interview with VladTV.
“I think Joe is dope,” he said. “Joe is underrated as a lyricist. Niggas might kill me for saying this, Joe might be Top 10. He’s like real underrated. He’s real underrated. He’s a dope lyricist. Do I think he can come and battle? I really don’t know. But Joe ain’t too far from me. He’s from Jersey. They was getting it in in there. I’m pretty sure he had a lot of battles coming up to get to where he was. I’m eager to see it. I don’t really know.”
Later in the interview, Goodz explained reserving a spot for Hollow on his best battler’s list but feeling like he’s over-hyped by some fans.
“Hollow is in my Top 5,” he said. “I’ll say this, I don’t think Hollow is too crazy. To me he’s not. All the fans are dickriders. That’s what I call them…This is just my personal opinion. Hollow’s not that crazy to me when you listen to him. But he’s still in my Top 5, so it ain’t that I’m hating. He’s in my Top 5. He does everything over average. He’s well-rounded. He can do everything. So when you’re battling someone like that it’s like, that’s a real tough opponent for anybody.”
Talking more generally about the possible publicity benefits of the battle for either side, Goodz described feeling like both rappers have a lot to lose.
“I think Joe made a good decision,” he said. “A lot of these dudes don’t wanna come into the battle world, but for a lot of people it would help them. I think it’d actually help Joe. Joe good though, but I think it would help him. I think it’ll push his buzz up even more. I think it might be a little harder maybe for Hollow. Matter fact, I don’t even look at it like that. I think it’s kind of even. I think they both got a lot to lose. If Joe come in sounding a little crazy, they gon’ be like, ‘You let Joe beat you. He not even a battle rapper.’ Then again if Hollow beat Joe, it might be expected. He’s not a battle rapper. This is his first joint. Hollow might got it a little harder than Joe.”
At the end of the interview, Goodz shared his opinion on the battle’s potential to serve as an entry-point for other mainstream artists into the Battle Rap circuit.
“It depends on the outcome,” he said. “It depends on how good Joe do. If Hollow killed Joe—it really depends because Hollow could kill Joe and then you could have another rapper say, ‘Well he killed Joe, I know I could do better than Joe. I’ll kill that nigga.’ There could be a rapper that says that. So that’s something we gotta wait and see.”
Earlier this month, Hollow Da Don spoke with HipHopDX about his potential opponent in an exclusive interview. “I think Joe Budden just like me in the fact that he doesn’t give a fuck,” he said. “We care obviously about our career and getting money, but we’re so confident in what we do, we’re not thinking about, ‘Oh, what’s the possible…’ Were thinking about, ‘I’m a fucking rapper. I can do anything that has to do with rap.’ I’m not worried about doubting about the risk. We’re taking a gamble, so let’s get it. And I think that’s the main thing that’s pushing him. It’s like, I’m on his head. He really knows how I feel and how most rappers feel, like, ‘Yo, I’m the best at this shit.’ That’s what I think it boils down to him just really thinking like, ‘Nigga, this is rap.’ Like, we’re not doing gymnastics in the middle of bars. We’re not fucking making animal balloons. This is rap, even though its a different level of rap, it’s still rap.”
EMAIL: [email protected]
TWITTER: THEDAMNTRUTHMAG DEVENCHI INDUSTRY101