- TRAFFIC 3 BATTLE ANNOUNCEMENT #2 SAT NOV 11TH TKTS ON SALE NOW @ https://t.co/3aaj22DJc1 https://t.co/UbYSSvOIXI
- RT @threeletterman3: HOLLA AT ME CREME https://t.co/TFGkXW2oNe
- RT @RambleDaHDoo: 🗣WTF JC V T TOP yooooo I just said this shit but I preferred NOME8 instead but hey 🤷🏾♂️🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥@urltv
- TRAFFIC 3 BATTLE ANNOUNCEMENT #2 https://t.co/WtJCjuUg0R via @YouTube SAT NOV 11TH BIGGEST EVENT TO HIT THE WEST COAST TKTS ON SALE NOW!!!
- RT @NZDERO: @urltv looking at flying out from New Zealand for #traffic3
- Y’all see it!! Congratulations to our brother @Rain910 #youcantcopyrespect #mmg https://t.co/rbdKoMAOOX
- Congratulations to the homie @rain910!!! You did it G’z!!!! #mmg #maybachmusic 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽 https://t.co/f9JH7m49BH
- Been monitoring this @BIGTQMB & @AYEVERB situation closely, what y'all think? @Jayblac1615 @ANGRYFAN007 @MinnesotaLuke @Therealtech9
HIPHOPDX | Nas’ “Illmatic” Sees 300 Percent Increase In Spotify Streams
Exclusive: Nas saw a significant increase on Spotify as his “Illmatic” debut album turned 20.
Spotify reports that streams of Nas’ 1994 album Illmatic have increased by 300 percent when comparing last week’s figures to this week’s streams.
Sales of Illmatic have also increased, as reported yesterday (April 23). Nas’ Illmatic, released April 19, 1994, sold 14,987 copies this week and experienced an 844 percent increase in sales from the previous week. To date, Illmatic has sol 1,686,232 copies in its 20 years.
Yesterday (April 24), Nas was named the top album in Complex’s 90 best Rap albums of the 1990s.
“Lists such as the one you’re reading inevitably lead to disagreements, if not full-on arguments,” said at the time regarding Illmatic. “Fair-minded fans can disagree about whether the ’90s was indeed rap’s greatest decade. As Jigga once put it, folks will ‘argue all day about who’s the best MC, Biggie, Jay Z, or Nas.’ One thing they don’t argue much about: who made the best album. Because it would be extremely difficult to make the case that Nas’s Illmatic isn’t the greatest rap album of the decade, if not all time.”