- DON'T SLEEP ON THIS ONE!!!! SNAKE EYEZ VS MACK MEL SMACK/ URL RAP BATTLE https://t.co/cObTHYLLaf HAVE YOU ORDERED S… https://t.co/3PrY11HaVb
- SON'T SLEEP ON THIS BATTLE IT'S FIRE!!! SNAKE EYEZ VS MACK MEL SMACK/ URL RAP BATTLE https://t.co/cObTHYLLaf ORDER… https://t.co/vslRT0MK11
- WATCH THIS BATTLE: https://t.co/woKnkNcD6K TELL US WHO WON? #SSDMV CRAIG LAMAR @CraigLamarBars VS HOLMZIE DA GOD… https://t.co/h4lw5tL7fF
- WATCH THIS BATTLE: https://t.co/TBqfkX19dc TELL US WHO WON? #PG #SSDMV REBEL @410Rebel VS JMORR (who has his soc… https://t.co/EYNRMM4ilB
- RT @belikeike_: F this Media shit, back to this history making card. Which battle you looking forward to the most?: ARSONAL VS HOLLOW DA D…
- AVE VS GEECHI GOTTI SMACK/ URL RAP BATTLE WATCH THE MOST IMPACTFUL BATTLE OF THE WEEK‼️ https://t.co/9puYGEEztx
- AVE VS GEECHI GOTTI SMACK/ URL RAP BATTLE https://t.co/cYWAQG3FvW SMACK/ URL VOL 2 SAT MARCH 31 ONLY ON PAY PER VIE… https://t.co/26qI4NCbj8
- RT @pepilapugh: Shouts out to @SMACKWHITE @Jayblac1615 & @Therealtech9 for showing love on their latest episode of #Champion it’s appreciat…
HIPHOPDX | Nas’ “Illmatic” Sees 300 Percent Increase In Spotify Streams
Exclusive: Nas saw a significant increase on Spotify as his “Illmatic” debut album turned 20.
Spotify reports that streams of Nas’ 1994 album Illmatic have increased by 300 percent when comparing last week’s figures to this week’s streams.
Sales of Illmatic have also increased, as reported yesterday (April 23). Nas’ Illmatic, released April 19, 1994, sold 14,987 copies this week and experienced an 844 percent increase in sales from the previous week. To date, Illmatic has sol 1,686,232 copies in its 20 years.
Yesterday (April 24), Nas was named the top album in Complex’s 90 best Rap albums of the 1990s.
“Lists such as the one you’re reading inevitably lead to disagreements, if not full-on arguments,” said at the time regarding Illmatic. “Fair-minded fans can disagree about whether the ’90s was indeed rap’s greatest decade. As Jigga once put it, folks will ‘argue all day about who’s the best MC, Biggie, Jay Z, or Nas.’ One thing they don’t argue much about: who made the best album. Because it would be extremely difficult to make the case that Nas’s Illmatic isn’t the greatest rap album of the decade, if not all time.”