- JOHN JOHN DA DON VS RUM NITTY RELEASE TRAILER | URLTV https://t.co/OMY6BhnFcy SUMMER MADNESS 7 SAT AUG 11TH LIVE ON… https://t.co/TZ4ajxVqDf
- DNA VS NU JERZEY TWORK - FACEOFF | CHAMPION - SMACK/URL https://t.co/RRgcL0LyBi ORDER YOUR LIVE PAY PER VIEW FOR SU… https://t.co/uk44tFUKc5
- BIG KANNON VS HOLMZIE DA GOD RELEASE TRAILER| URLTV https://t.co/CXi802om6I SUMMER MADNESS 7 SAT AUG 11TH LIVE ON P… https://t.co/14lKbxOuRa
- Nothing like watching your favorite battles on a quality TV, s/o @superscientific, he’s official with his Tech Blog… https://t.co/JoBmNAV6AH
- RT @ChefTrez__: come to the A https://t.co/HkPxzeGBsB
- RT @BattleRapTrap: Aayyyyoooo..Niggaz Really Sleep On @Shotgunsuge103 He Deserve More Credit Than ALOT Of Vets..And Here Is Why... https://…
- RT @AvocadoIsGod: very thankful for the battle rap community as a whole. people tend to look at it as a volatile toxic thing but that's an…
- RT @urltv: • Play a role in making history. • Promote your brand. • Free editing VFX/GFX for marketing. Become a Sponsor for SMACK/URLTV.T…
HIPHOPDX | PRhyme Describes Background Of Debut Joint Album, Production Style
DJ Premier and Royce Da 5’9 describe their legacy and the inspiration behind the album’s production.
PRhyme (a duo consisting of DJ Premier and Royce Da 5’9) is slated to release their joint, self-titled album on December 9.
Recently sitting down with HardKnockTV, the duo talked about creating their collaborative project and how their approach of the project is different from past efforts.
“Royce convinced me [by saying], ‘You’ve never done something like this before in your whole career, why not give it a shot?'” Premier said when asked about the album. “This project is an entire production by me through the sounds of Adrian Younge’s catalog.” Premier would later go on to explain that he hadn’t heard of Younge until the producer/composer did his 12 Reasons To Die album with Ghostface Killah. Premo also noted that “PRHYME” was the first song they did together for the album.
Royce noted that the two have enough of a past that what they create now is a contribution to Hip Hop music and not just something to release for money.
“We’ve accomplished a lot and we’ve been around for a minute long enough to where things that we do now should be a contribution [against] something we just throw at the wall and see if it sticks.”
The duo also talked about writing rhymes as Royce says he uses a pad to write out what he’s going to record. He also described Eminem’s creative process when writing as well.