- RT @urltv: SMACK VOL 2 ANNOUNCEMENT #4 https://t.co/z8GxtSVMhr THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN WITNESS THIS EVENT IS LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW @ https://t…
- RT @kgthepoet: I got @JohnJohnDaDon 0-3 no debate 🚶♂️
- RT @belikeike_: 2 of my personal favorites. Who you got?!?!?! #SMACKVOL2 https://t.co/zRj6nwSqqC
- SMACK VOL 2 ANNOUNCEMENT #4 https://t.co/z8GxtSVMhr DON'T BE LEFT OUT!!! ORDER IT NOW ON https://t.co/6l3ssRRg7u SAT MARCH 31ST
- RT @Th3Saga: @RumNitty vs @JohnJohnDaDon 😧😧🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 @urltv did something amazing right here!!!
- SMACK VOL 2 ANNOUNCEMENT #4 https://t.co/z8GxtSVMhr THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN WITNESS THIS EVENT IS LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW… https://t.co/lHAtL2z1CD
- T-TOP "GYMNASTICS" (FULL VIDEO) https://t.co/Nwme7dweIR via @YouTube ALBUM DROPS ON ALL DIGITAL PLATFORMS 3-20-18
- Failure is part of success. Lose a battle (in life or on this stage), you get back up murder everything moving |… https://t.co/KfXumayGBO
HIPHOPDX | PRhyme Describes Background Of Debut Joint Album, Production Style
DJ Premier and Royce Da 5’9 describe their legacy and the inspiration behind the album’s production.
PRhyme (a duo consisting of DJ Premier and Royce Da 5’9) is slated to release their joint, self-titled album on December 9.
Recently sitting down with HardKnockTV, the duo talked about creating their collaborative project and how their approach of the project is different from past efforts.
“Royce convinced me [by saying], ‘You’ve never done something like this before in your whole career, why not give it a shot?'” Premier said when asked about the album. “This project is an entire production by me through the sounds of Adrian Younge’s catalog.” Premier would later go on to explain that he hadn’t heard of Younge until the producer/composer did his 12 Reasons To Die album with Ghostface Killah. Premo also noted that “PRHYME” was the first song they did together for the album.
Royce noted that the two have enough of a past that what they create now is a contribution to Hip Hop music and not just something to release for money.
“We’ve accomplished a lot and we’ve been around for a minute long enough to where things that we do now should be a contribution [against] something we just throw at the wall and see if it sticks.”
The duo also talked about writing rhymes as Royce says he uses a pad to write out what he’s going to record. He also described Eminem’s creative process when writing as well.