- #SurvivorSeries January 20th Richmond VA @NUJERZEYTWORK vs @onlymrwavy @PGBLOGGERS @Jayblac1615 @Therealtech9… https://t.co/R7ROxnbZBB
- #SurvivorSeries day 2 One-Off & PG card! @reepahrell @TyListenAnWatch @QubanOTMT @GwittyGwap & more! @Jayblac1615… https://t.co/75g5XA0BgL
- RT @hiphopisrealtv: @GQPrep NEW: @urltv SURVIVOR SERIES ANNOUNCEMENT 3 (BATTLE RAP EVENT) https://t.co/NMSS2qg8M2 via @hiphopisrealtv
- RT @urltv: SURVIVOR SERIES ANNOUNCEMENT #5B (BATTLE EVENT 1-20-18) https://t.co/JRepDD7cCa IT TAKES PLACE @ THE TOP @ 10 WALNUT STREET RICH…
- RT @belikeike_: Was Watchin’ #Champion™️ @Jayblac1615 @Therealtech9 @JazTheRapper peep the debate. What benefits the battler more?
- RT @hollowdadon: First thing I hear when I touchdown is the Midwest beefin/ so and so don't like so and so out the Midwest region/ well I g…
- Ryda fires more shots @prezmafiabx #SurvivorSeriesDMV™️ 01.20.18 https://t.co/FiazmEnj6Y
- @JakkBoyMaine is up. 01.20.18 #SurvivorSeriesDMV™️ https://t.co/MKxcTeaF4K
HIPHOPDX | Royce Da 5’9 Says Cassidy & Dizaster Battle Was “Great” For The Culture
DJ Premier criticizes Cassidy and Dizaster battle, says it could have been more organized.
During an interview with Vlad TV, the duo known as PRhyme shared their thoughts on the recent rap battle between Dizaster and Cassidy, which took place last month. Royce Da 5’9 offered his opinion on the battle first, stating that it was “good,” but could have been an even grander event.
The Slaughterhouse lyricist later gave props to Cassidy and Dizaster for taking part in an event he feels was great for the culture of Hip Hop.
“I thought the [garage] one was good,” Royce Da 5’9 said. “I wish they could have pulled off the big event. That’s kind of like one of the visions that I see for battle rap. I really think those guys deserve to be on that platform, man. The world needs to see how talented that these niggas are. You know what I’m saying? As far as the underground battle that they did, just for the culture it was great. I thought Cassidy held his own. I thought he did really well. I thought Dizaster brought the complex syllable connecting bars. I mean, I was entertained by it. I thought it was good.”
When asked who he feels won the battle, Royce didn’t offer a solid answer, but did reveal that he was more intrigued by Dizaster’s bars and was more entertained by Cassidy.
“They both did good enough to where it comes down to a matter of preference,” he said. “It’s about what you prefer. I was more intrigued by Dizaster’s bars. I thought Dizaster had better raps. But Cassidy I thought had a better performance. I was more entertained by Cassidy. The facial expressions and shit he was making. And the way he memorized all his raps. And how confident he was. I really salute him for that.”
DJ Premier also offered his thoughts on the battle between the two emcees, but offered a critique on the organization of the battle as well. The beatsmith explained that things should have run smoother for an event that was being viewed by so many people.
“I just wish the organization of it was better…So, for them to have to turn the lights off on the stage and then not to be able to see the rest of it until after the fact…It’s like all that stuff it should have been planned out properly, so it could run smooth,” DJ Premier said. “So, things like that especially when it’s being viewed under the eyes of so many people that think that we don’t have our shit organized with this rap stuff. By now even that should be done to a level of professionalism.”