- RT @urltv: STEAMS VS DIESEL SMACK/ URL RAP BATTLE (STAGE COLLAPSES) - CRAZY BATTLE... BARS SO HEAVY BETWEEN THESE MC'S THE STAGED COLLAPSE…
- RT @belikeike_: I’m just a rap fanatic. #disclousure: this is not a real battle. https://t.co/7bg15obSua
- RT @urltv: THE LEADER CONTINUES TO PROVIDE!!! SMACK MADNESS IN CELEBRATION OF SMACK VOL 2 SAT MARCH 31 @ https://t.co/6l3ssRRg7u HAIXIAN VS…
- RT @TheWarReport_: LLOYD BANKS RETIRES...NOT!!!: https://t.co/ODQJ4VRr7U via @YouTube
- THE LEADER CONTINUES TO PROVIDE!!! SMACK MADNESS IN CELEBRATION OF SMACK VOL 2 SAT MARCH 31 @… https://t.co/UvvFINdbhK
- RT @urltv: THE LEADER IS DELIVERING!!! SUPPORT US ON MARCH 31ST BY ORDERING SMACK VOL 2 ON PAY PER VIEW @ https://t.co/6l3ssRRg7u #URL #WO…
- RT @belikeike_: Flaggin’ bloggers for no legitimate reason, not cool. Soft, Dusty, Dirty, wild corn 🌽, it’s like anything for a troll now?…
- RT @urltv: ‼️PURE COMEDY‼️, check out @troymartinbeats SMACKVOL2 prediction blog (Troy Martin vs Troy Martin) https://t.co/yVcjZPYq1J 🤣 🤣🤣🤣…
HIPHOPDX |RZA Compares “Once Upon A Time In Shaolin” To Leonardo da Vinci’s “Mona Lisa”
“‘Once Upon A Time in Shaolin’ is a singular, unique piece of art,” RZA says.
Exactly a year removed from his last session, RZA again offered himself up to fan-submitted questions in the form of a Reddit Ask Me Anything session earlier this week. During the AMA, RZA rationalized the still vague and oddball rollout of Once Upon A Time in Shaolin, answered questions about ODB, named Eric B. & Rakim’s Paid in Full album as a desert island record, and more.
When asked by a fan about the thinking behind releasing a one-off album that will likely go unheard for nearly one hundred years, RZA compared the singularity of Once Upon A Time in Shaolin to a world renowned piece of fine art.
“I’ve released a lot of music and different albums for people to enjoy, or not enjoy,” RZA wrote. “And the album you are referring to, Once Upon A Time in Shaolin, is a singular, unique piece of art. And it’s singular. Just as the Mona Lisa.”
Speaking about his own favorite album, or at least the one he’d pick if forced to listen to only one record for the rest of his life, RZA named Eric B. & Rakim’s debut as his selection.
“If I had to choose one album, which one would it?” he started. “I would go with… Eric B. & Rakim, Paid in Full.”
Turning his sights on a younger batch of artists, RZA named Kendrick Lamar as his favorite new artist before rattling off a few others that he’s enjoyed recently.
“My favorite at the moment is Kendrick Lamar,” he said. “I’ve been listening to a lot of Drake, Kanye, Big Sean, as far as Hip Hop is concerned. But I also spend a lot of time listening to the Arctic Monkeys.”
Touching on a Divorce Court-sourced rumor that a woman slept with all members of Wu-Tang Clan after a tour stop at some point in recent years, RZA joined Method Man in jokingly shrugging off the claims.
“Uh… Wu-Tang Clan ain’t nothin’ to fuck with,” he wrote.
Asked a common question about his memories of fallen Wu-Tang rapper ODB, RZA shared one of his favorite memories of Ol’ Dirty.
“I have so many fond memories, that I will never say what the fondest is,” RZA said. “But I will share one witchu. ODB came out of his car to lift a car off a little girl to save her life. It’s an example of the warmth of his heart that wasn’t showed a lot to the public.”