- SMACK VOL1 ANNOUNCEMENT #1(BATTLE EVENT 12/9) LIVE ON PPV @ https://t.co/3U7FBfxdsI MORE BATTLES TO BE ANNOUNCED!!! https://t.co/5i9cnaluZ8
- WHO YOU GOT? | #SMACKVOL1™ |@Sharkcity_Ave VS @DABEST_BMAGIC | https://t.co/WXV4SQcha5 | #youcantcopyrespect™
- @AvocadoIsGod 💪🏽💪🏽 yes sir https://t.co/BM581nliQ3
- RT @iknowbrasco: This next @urltv EVENT CONCEPT IS FUCKING 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 and the battle announcement. Yeah that has potential classic written on…
- RT @AvocadoIsGod: Dec 9th. Hello NYC @urltv
- RT @TheWarReport_: AVE VS B MAGIC GOING DOWN!!! 12/09!!!: https://t.co/17jVplLX0Y via @YouTube
- RT @belikeike_: WHATTTTTTTTT https://t.co/wfkoh39ChY
- SMACK VOL1 ANNOUNCEMENT #1(BATTLE EVENT 12/9) https://t.co/Fpo0i8ZFqS ONE MORE EVENT BEFORE THE YEAR ENDS!! THANKS FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT!!!
HIPHOPDX | RZA Discusses Current State Of Wu-Tang Clan
Following the release of Wu-Tang Clan’s A Better Tomorrow album this month, frontman RZA spoke with NME to discuss the much-publicized opposition he faced from various Wu members during the making of the project.
“I’ll level with you, the chemistry’s not all that good right now,” RZA says. “We’ve all done this long enough to know this process isn’t just like, you make an album, then that’s that. It’s like a presidential campaign. You don’t just make the policies then sit back. You create your platform, then you gotta take it to out to the people…It’s like there’s an energy in the group that stops people enjoying their own success. They gotta sabotage it.”
Later in the conversation, RZA likened the album to a child that’s born “with one arm,” saying, “You gonna love that child, make the best out of that situation and help it have the best life it can.”
RZA also spoke on the purpose of the newly released album.
“The goal was always to change hearts and touch souls, man,” RZA says. “It’s like that from the minute you get it in your hands, from the cover. That’s an imagined city where everyone’s culture is respected. We got the Eiffel Tower. The Hollywood Hills. We got you guys’ wheel. It hit me that I thought the world had got better. But really, it had just got better for me, not for others.”