- If you’re an artist or you have a brand (ie clothing, beverage or more) & are looking to have your brand or music p… https://t.co/2DR9bepYxt
- SMACK/ URL ONE OFF TRAILER (3-3-18) https://t.co/mt8bDmj6bt SAT MARCH 3RD THE LEXINGTON THEATER 129 E 3RD STREET LO… https://t.co/VSvrrk7mMm
- SMACK/ URL ONE OFF TRAILER (3-3-18) https://t.co/mt8bDmj6bt SAT MARCH 3RD THE LEXINGTON THEATER 129 E 3RD STREET L… https://t.co/mXPXuvIAO0
- T-TOP SPEAKS ON KENNEKA JENKINS PUNCHLINE https://t.co/jSTnZKvmnK
- HOLLOW DA DON TALKS ARSONAL BATTLE SMACK VOL 2 (3-31-18) ORDER THE PAY PER VIEW SAT MARCH 31 @… https://t.co/C1ExZdTXye
- The Guy Dancing purchases @urltv Live Pay Per View Streams‼️The Guy Who Flipped & Knocked… https://t.co/AfGWJl9YUp
- RUM NITTY FEAT. LOTTA ZAY "BODIED" (FULL VIDEO) Support By Retweeting & Watching The Video‼️@RumNitty #TeamHomi https://t.co/4Hom6Ie8tD
- BIG T "POISON LOVE STORY" (FULL VIDEO) HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY‼️ https://t.co/5gPFpcoY9K
HIPHOPDX | ScHoolboy Q “Oxymoron” First Week Sales Projections
ScHoolboy Q is expected to land in the #1 spot on next week’s Billboard 200 albums chart.
ScHoolboy Q is expected to land in the #1 spot on next week’s Billboard 200 albums chart, according to Billboard. Oxymoron, ScHoolboy’s major label debut album may sell between 150,000 and 160,000 copies by the end of the tracking week, the report says. Official numbers are set to be announced March 5.
Oxymoron is not ScHoolboy Q’s first project to enter the chart, but it is expected to be the rapper’s highest charting effort to date. 2011’s Setbacks peaked at #100 and has sold 17,000 units, as per SoundScan. The rapper’s 2012 project, Habits & Contradictions, peaked at #111 and has sold 48,000 copies, according to SoundScan. Habits & Contradictions also earned a 4 out of 5 rating on HipHopDX.
Oxymoron is the second album released by Top Dawg Entertainment/Interscope Records. The first from this partnership was Kendrick Lamar’s major label debut, 2013’s good kid, m.A.A.d. city. Lamar’s album, which earned a 4.5 out of 5 rating on HipHopDX, has sold 1.2 million copies, according to SoundScan. The project also earned the Compton, California rapper several Grammy nominations.
Oxymoron earned a 3.5 out of 5 rating in its HipHopDX review. “Ultimately the good moments are on par with what will be considered 2014’s high-water marks, and if held they weren’t held to the high standards of Setbacksand Habits & Contradictions, Q’s low points would be acceptable from another rapper,” the review says. “Given TDE’s ever-increasing appeal, Oxymoron isn’t quite an elite offering, but it meets the difficult task of attracting casual fans without straying too far from the formula that attracted ScHoolboy Q’s core audience.”
Recently, Q spoke about this album and his past releases.
“Honestly, this album—if you look at all my albums, even the titles, Setbacks, Habits & Contradictions,Oxymoron, they play off each other’s meaning,” ScHoolboy Q said in an interview with NPR. “You get what I’m saying? If you look at the covers. They all black and gray. Like all my albums is all—if I picture a color in my head of my albums, I would picture black and gray. For example, Kendrick last album. I would call that purple. Purple and like yellow almost. You know what I’m saying? But all my albums I feel like they always dark. It has that eerie little feel to it. But with this album—’cause Habits & Contradictions is like the prequel toSetbacks. Like I had all these titles already in my head. Like before I even dropped them. Setbacks I knew that was gonna be the first. I knew Habits & Contradictions. I knew Oxymoron. I got two more albums that I already have the title to and I know how I’mma play the theme.”
EMAIL: [email protected]
TWITTER: THEDAMNTRUTHMAG DEVENCHI INDUSTRY101