- RT @YoungKannon131: N.O.M.E 8 gonna be a MOVIE in Houston!!
- TUNE IN TONIGHT AT 9:30 PM FOR THE OFFICIAL FACE-OFF BETWEEN BIG KANNON & HOLZMIE DA GOD! LIVE TONIGHT ON BLACK COM… https://t.co/wRoul1zsoY
- #SSDMV2ENCORE RICHMOND VA 👇🏽👇🏽CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS👇🏽👇🏽 👉🏾 https://t.co/sfM1YabiRI 👈🏾… https://t.co/a3zo53LkZw
- #NOME8 06.23.18 @TOPBIZZY vs @illwill6deep _______________ BUY TICKETS: 👉🏾 https://t.co/ZzEIyn0O4b 👈🏾 TAY ROC VS… https://t.co/sxtrLqKt1j
- RT @DNA_GTFOH: The champ likes what url is doing https://t.co/2YGbkT6Fuk
- #SSDMVE 06.02.18 _______________ BORN VS JOE Punchline after Punchline!!!! | Survivor Series Encore | GET YOUR TI… https://t.co/TKTc3h6Mn9
- RT @belikeike_: #random Who is the better rapper (lyrically)? (Not talking sales) Do Remember: #SSDMVE 06.02.18 https://t.co/FxTHmj6qaw
- #SSDMVE 06.02.18 _______________ FACE OFF TONIGHT 9/9:30PM TUNE-IN & BUY TICKETS 👉🏾 https://t.co/NdxjEKRGq1 👈🏾 JA… https://t.co/GhBwDAY6vU
HIPHOPDX | Wu-Tang Clan Announces RZA & Raekwon Truce
Raekwon and RZA have a truce, according to Wu-Tang Clan’s website. Raekwon is “scheduled to hit the studio,” the site says.
Wu-Tang Clan’s website has announced a truce between Raekwon and RZA by posting the following message.
“Breaking news : Raekwon and Rza truce : Raekwon scheduled to hit studio to complete verses for album : A Better Tomorrow, Details coming!”
The message on Wu-Tang Clan’s website follows several points made by both emcees regarding disagreements they have had with one another.
In April, RZA addressed his relationship with Rae.
“I wanna clear one thing up on the Raekwon thing because the newest article in Rolling Stone, Raekwon says that I’m a bold-face liar, right? Which I’m far from,” RZA said at the time. “I don’t need to lie. Okay, I’m a grown man…But what happened was I did an interview a few weeks ago that just came out later. And I guess when it came out, he read it then, but I spoke to Raekwon about eight days ago. But the interview was probably 14 or 16 days ago. So, he says in his interview ‘RZA’s a liar. He spoke to me.’ No, when I did the interview brother, I didn’t speak [to you]. I hadn’t spoken to him in six months before that. Until recently. Last time I saw that brother was on tour in the summer. So, we didn’t get a chance to chop up the ideas of what I’m trying to do.
“But then we did speak a few days ago,” he added. “About six, seven days ago. And he gave me his demands. Which we presented to the company. Like ‘Yo, this is his demands.’ If they can be reached they can be reached. It they can’t they can’t. And if they can’t then we gotta reevaluate what we’re gonna do. But it was no lying there. And the only thing I would say is that I would respect if—like when I read something that Rae say I don’t really take it as if he said it cause he didn’t say it to me. I don’t know what these writers write…So, I wanted to say to all our Wu brothers that we should never take this press and media on face value. We can easily reach out to each other and get the facts. Don’t read the facts. Hear it right from the source.”
Also in April, RZA addressed Raekwon not working with Wu-Tang.
“There’s two things that’s going on,” RZA said at the time. “Let me be clear with you so you can put this out. There’s an album called Once Upon A Time In Shaolin that will be a single piece of art in a beautiful encasing. That belongs in a museum or art gallery. That’s where it belongs. And then there’s another album that belongs to the consumers called A Better Tomorrow. And that belongs to the consumers because it’s a celebration of Wu-Tang and their fans. And Raekwon has not been participating with that particular record. I haven’t had a chance to really talk to him about why not. All I see is the press going back and forth. But I would say that maybe creatively we on different paths. I’m creatively different than I was in the ‘90s.”