- What are some 2017 Battle of The Year nominees so far! "GREAT BACK & FORTHS, NOT ONE SIDED"? @Jayblac1615… https://t.co/LsOl2GbCqh
- Geechi Gotti Recaps His Battle vs Glueazy & More! https://t.co/v4mNNAtIbe
- Talk to us, battle rapper of the year nominees so far? @DNA_GTFOH @JohnJohnDaDon @BIGTQMB @MRDIZASTER @patstay… https://t.co/SUPQ4nwKlH
- RT @TOPBIZZY: I'm so excited for this battle #SM6
- Fundraiser by Hoffa Luyah : MATH HOFFA BACK 2 SCHOOL GIVE AWAY @MATHHOFFA https://t.co/ZiP5tSPnLX
- Who do u guys have for battle rapper of the year so far? PS not your favorite battler, but based off performances?… https://t.co/IJjy1bDYFi
- Give us your 5 Roc
Island Def Jam Is Over
Effective immediately, Island Def Jam will no longer exist following the resigning of CEO Barry Weiss. In a press released issued by UMG, the label will now be reorganizing Def Jam Recordings, Island Records and Motown Records all as separate entities.
Def Jam will be operating as its own label led by longtime executive Steve Bartels. Island Recordings will also be functioning as a sole unit with the addition of its own marketing, publicity and A&R departments with David Massey as CEO. No I.D. and Kyambo “Hip Hop” Joshua have been named as executive vice presidents and co-heads of A&R for the label. And lastly, Motown Records will be relocating it’s base office to Los Angeles headed by Ethiopia Habtemariam, Motown’s former SVP.
It is rumored that Barry has only stepped down from the position and will not be leaving Universal. Weiss is said to even be in talks to create a new joint venture with Universal Music Group CEO Lucian Grainge.
CONTACT : [email protected] |
SOURCE : XXLMAG.COM |