- #TeamJersey @p_phonk + @ored973 + @tsu_surf + @Shotgunsuge103 | Summer Madness 7 The Super Bowl of MC Battle Cultur… https://t.co/Gi7pogErRY
- RT @JohnJohnDaDon: Summer Madness 8 😂😂😂 https://t.co/6c0dadVsn6
- ILL WILL TALKS BATTLING O-RED ON SUMMER MADNESS 7 |URLTV https://t.co/iZGWQATOOS ORDER SM7 NOW @… https://t.co/EMLHJTFO61
- ILL WILL TALKS BATTLING O-RED ON SUMMER MADNESS 7 |URLTV https://t.co/iZGWQATOOS via @YouTube ORDER SUMMER MADNESS… https://t.co/PkOW1TBHWv
- RT @urltv: #SM7 Before The Shot: [email protected] https://t.co/3U7FBfxdsI
- RT @belikeike_: @TheRealTayRoc Throw Back Promo. The 11 left in homies back says yes lol https://t.co/cKkxg6qogw
- RT @Jayblac1615: #BattleRapWasDopeWhen
- RT @hollowdadon: @urltv released the flyer for Summer Madness 8, London we coming! https://t.co/Cn2HfQO6rw
Loaded Lux Explains Business Issues With Smack/URL
http://www.vladtv.com/ – Summer Madness 3 is fast approaching and it seems as though many battlers aren’t happy with the way business is being run on Smack/URL. Cortez recently posted a blog addressing his personal issues with Smack/URL’s business relationships with battlers, and how he thinks things can be remedied by adding more solid communication and financial benefits for the battlers. DNA took a separate approach and actually recorded himself in the studio spitting a full battle verse airing out the entire Summer Madness 3 roster.
Loaded Lux released a music video titled “Bout My Money,” where he actually addressed some of his own personal business dealings with Smack/URL dating back to the league’s beginnings when he battled the likes of Young Miles, among others. In the song he also touched briefly on why he isn’t on Summer Madness 3 vs Hollow Da Don. VladTV brought Loaded Lux back to our offices for a third interview with Battle Rap journalist Michael Hughes.
Michael got Lux to speak on his personal gripes with Smack/URL and the way they do business with him and other top name battlers. Lux felt as though Smack’s blog in which he explained why he decided to choose “bars over names” for the Summer Madness 3 card was “blasphemy”. In Lux’s defense, he made a great point when he said, “Everybody with a name got bars, that’s how we got the name.”
He went on to explain that he and many other battlers did loads of pro bono work and helped the culture to grow to where it is now. He doesn’t understand how or why artists always get “taken care of last” since they are the ones who put in the work to create these classic battles and bring the culture to where it is now. On top of asking for $40,000 to battle Hollow Da Don, Lux also stated that he presented a blueprint for Smack/URL to use for future events to further expand the culture and revenue, which included U-Streaming; however, his idea was apparently rejected by the URL staff at this time.
Check out what Lux had to say in full above. Do you agree with his and other battlers’ issues with the business aspects of Smack/URL?