- SMACK VOL1 ANNOUNCEMENT #1(BATTLE EVENT 12/9) LIVE ON PPV @ https://t.co/3U7FBfxdsI MORE BATTLES TO BE ANNOUNCED!!! https://t.co/5i9cnaluZ8
- WHO YOU GOT? | #SMACKVOL1™ |@Sharkcity_Ave VS @DABEST_BMAGIC | https://t.co/WXV4SQcha5 | #youcantcopyrespect™
- @AvocadoIsGod 💪🏽💪🏽 yes sir https://t.co/BM581nliQ3
- RT @iknowbrasco: This next @urltv EVENT CONCEPT IS FUCKING 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 and the battle announcement. Yeah that has potential classic written on…
- RT @AvocadoIsGod: Dec 9th. Hello NYC @urltv
- RT @TheWarReport_: AVE VS B MAGIC GOING DOWN!!! 12/09!!!: https://t.co/17jVplLX0Y via @YouTube
- RT @belikeike_: WHATTTTTTTTT https://t.co/wfkoh39ChY
- SMACK VOL1 ANNOUNCEMENT #1(BATTLE EVENT 12/9) https://t.co/Fpo0i8ZFqS ONE MORE EVENT BEFORE THE YEAR ENDS!! THANKS FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT!!!
NORBES ON BATTLE RAP GOING MAINSTREAM, ETHER EVENT, LUSH ONE & SAYS CASSIDY CAN’T HACK IT IN URL
“Exclusive interview with Street Star Norbes in this edition he talks about mainstream artist coming into battle rap to resurrect their career and using the culture. From Cassidy to Joe Budden Norbes see them to be less mainstream in comparison to Drake, J Cole, Jada Kiss and Eminem. Then speaks on Cassidy saying URL is the NBA and he can’t hack it. Mostly he will be unable to beat top tier battle rappers such as Charlie Clips, Hollow Da Don, Hit Man, Surf, Goodz, Rex to name a few. He than talks about the stage performance between Cassidy vs Dizaster at the Ether event saying that it was good that they ended it short. He also felt like they represented battle rap in a bad way for first time watchers. Than speaks about the progression of battle rap and how the URL style became the stander-ed t to all new leagues. Norbes continues by saying that he understands his brand and doesn’t feel the need to change what they do. Norbes also talks about the business of battle rap and how hard it is to recoup and continues about Lush One going through hard ship due to big investors and big expectation. He says battle rap need big sponsors such as Nike and Reebok but they are not supporting the culture battle rap at this time. Norbes says it a lot of gilts and glamor in battle rap and that companies are trying to coonify the artist.
Do you think mainstream artist coming into battle rap is helping or hurting the culture???”