- @Youngrapgawd 💪🏾
- @isthismike_p 😂
- RT @teldabarba: Quick ques.... Why would u not wanna promote YOURSELF and what u do? You do understand it brings more of a demand for your…
- Excellent Feedback. We will be crunching these names and info. For every rapper/battler aspiring to elevate their… https://t.co/ACqqSK6oYG
- @MizzCreme 💪🏾
- The Culture is like no other. Get in on the ground level, become a Sponsor. Play a role in growing this Art Form al… https://t.co/7964L6JRWI
- RT @TheWarReport_: Do you believe in The Culture.
- RT @Jayblac1615: I'm gonna be setting up business classes for battlers on Champion soon 🤔
NPR.com | Songs We Love: King Los, ‘God Money War’
King Los’ long-awaited major-label debut, God Money War, dropped on June 23 while our collective attention was — and is — turned to American terrorists, burning churches, music streaming services, and much more widely hyped album releases from other hip-hop artists. From a publicity standpoint, it’s an inopportune time to release an album, but in a way it’s perfect timing for a record like Los’ debut.
“Dear Mr. President, if you’re hesitant / Your presence is requested in the midst of negligence / To fix your residence, it’s a message in our restlessness,” Los implores over Da Internz’ clever flip of Toro Y Moi’s “Grown Up Calls.” He considers the tumultuous world around him, his inner circle of friends and family, and his own motivations.
King Los’ guiding principle is his faith: “God, money, war / If heaven free, what we kill for money for? / They say when it rains it pours / But it rain on the poor / So you ain’t really rich if what’s rich ain’t in your core / Real s***, n****.” As with Kendrick Lamar, King Los’ religious beliefs provide a consistent theme in his music, and yet — in part due to his reputation for his technical ability — he’s been able to skirt the reductive label of “gospel rapper.” Yes, King Los runs the risk of getting lost in the shuffle of the 24-hour news cycle. But that doesn’t make his music and the statements he makes any less timely.