- Been monitoring this @BIGTQMB & @AYEVERB situation closely, what y'all think? @Jayblac1615 @ANGRYFAN007 @MinnesotaLuke @Therealtech9
- RT @urltv: The @urltv staff & family would like to send our deepest condolences to @Jayblac1615 & his family! #RIPMRSBLAC @HitmanHolla @The…
- TRAFFIC 3 ANNOUNCEMENTS # 1 Tickets On Sale NOW @ https://t.co/3aaj22DJc1 Sat Nov 11th Los Angeles, CA https://t.co/9b8oSNvpQA
- RT @TheRealTayRoc: No battle rapper can say "I battled Hollow & Dizaster back to back" But after Nov 11th guess what I can say........
- RT @MRDIZASTER: To me it was always about bringin smack to the hood and puttin on for my people too , smack comin down in person 💯this a bi…
- Get your tickets now!! More 🔥 matches to be announced. https://t.co/W1KbiiNa2r #youcantcopyrespect https://t.co/54WxYIIxjm
- TRAFFIC 3 ANNOUNCEMENTS # 1 SATURDAY NOV 11 TKTS ON SALE NOW @ https://t.co/K989dTUlaw https://t.co/9b8oSNvpQA
- RT @MRDIZASTER: https://t.co/PHt54YDu8P 🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨@urltv @MRDIZASTER vs @TheRealTayRoc NOVEMBER 11 LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA GREATEST PLAC…
Okayplayer.com | The Roots’ Leak ‘…and then you shoot your cousin’ LP Art + Release Date
Art © Romare Bearden Foundation/Licensed by VAGA, New York, NY
The Roots have officially unveiled the cover art for their upcoming studio record …and then you shoot your cousin, following the release of “When The People Cheer,” their first leak from the album. The Romare Bearden collage “Pittsburgh Memory” which is sampled whole for the LP’s cover gives a pretty good eyeball analog of the gritty-yet-avant-garde dissonance that defines the new record and will also be featured on an exclusive set of tees available at our very own Okayplayer Shop (coming soon, but you can pre-order the album either digitally or on vinyl directly from Def Jam over at MyPlayDirect before its Monday, May 19th drop).What do you think?
Okayplayer’s deluxe pre-sale bundles will also be coming online this week so hold tight for that! In the meantimes you can read a bit about the art piece that adorns the cover of &TYSYC below.
Romare Bearden (1911-1988); Pittsburgh Memory, 1964; mixed media collage on board; 8 1/2″ x 11 3/4″, signed Collection of halley k harrisburg and Michael Rosenfeld, New York, NY; Courtesy of Michael Rosenfeld Gallery LLC, New York, NY.
EMAIL: [email protected]
TWITTER: THEDAMNTRUTHMAG DEVENCHI INDUSTRY101