- #WGH Today. Be Here https://t.co/kBSagM0gs4
- @JuniorRAka6 elaborate
- Which 1 of these MCs would u have liked to have seen make NOME @ChefTrez__ @NUJERZEYTWORK @isthismike_p @RumNitty @UnbiasReview @Jayblac1615
- Which #NOME7 battle will be battle of the night (We know there's 5 battles but it will only allow 4 options) @UnbiasReview @Jayblac1615
- NOME 7 sold out with a little over 2 weeks until the event! What was the biggest selling point 4 u as a fan? @UnbiasReview @Jayblac1615
- NOME 7 UPDATE https://t.co/QPZ9NzHDrr
RollingStone | Talib Kweli Surprise-Releases Free Album, ‘F–k the Money’
Talib Kweli surprise-released the free album, ‘Fuck the Money’ featuring the capitalism-blasting title track
“Fuck the Money” features South African rapper Cassper Nyovest and opens with the titular phrase repeated over and over while being treated with pitch-shifting effects. Kweli goes on to blast lying politicians and “bankers who routinely crash the system,” declaring that “capitalism is a cataclysm.”
“If pursuit of the money is your only goal, then you lose control then you lose your soul,” he raps.
Last month, Kweli surprise-released a compilation of rare tracks, B-sides and previously unheard recordings. The 10-track Train of Thought: Lost Lyrics, Rare Releases & Beautiful B-Sides Vol. 1 featured guest appearances from Kanye West, Killer Mike, Common, Consequence and Yasiin Bey (formerly Mos Def), along with production from West, Hi-Tek, DJ Quik and Dave West.
Train of Thought included material recorded for various projects throughout Kweli’s career, including “Bright as the Stars,” an unreleased track from Black Star, his collaboration with Bey. The West-produced all-star collaboration “Wack Niggaz” featured guest verses from West, Common and Consequence.
Kweli’s last studio album of new material, Gravitas, was released in 2013, and he followed last year with the live album P.O.C. Live! In February, the politically conscious rapper helped raise over $100,000 to support activists protesting in Ferguson, Missouri following the deadly shooting of Michael Brown.