- RT @SnakeEyezUFS: Salute @jimjonescapo for the love in richmond..shit was litty.... harlem shit.... ez work @urltv ... https://t.co/Z9EF77t…
- RT @JazTheRapper: Mr. Wavy got Champion of the Night 🏆💪🏽 BROOOOOKLYNNNNN 🗣🗣 https://t.co/y10aWUDCe1
- #SSDMV * The Fans * The Battlers * The Sponsors * The Venues * The Media * The Staff * Champion Thank You. 💪🏾
- RT @deboqotr: DON'T FORGET THE FANS & THE AREA OF VIRGINIA. THEY THE REAL MVPs. THEY BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG AND THEY DIDN'T DISAPPOINTMEN…
- RT @Battle_Rap_News: Champion Of The Night: @URLTV “Survivor Series” with @Jayblac1615 and @TheRealTech9 - https://t.co/CkMpdToYvq https://…
- Proud Of You Guys💯💯💯💪🏾💪🏾💪🏾 https://t.co/i6XeTWR3fV
- https://t.co/WXV4SQcha5 https://t.co/u4TJoWP1uj
- RT @belikeike_: Let’s get to choppin’ these fables, Uncle @SMACKWHITE starting the year of strong. So.. the small room is back, who F you g…
Scarface Says Rap Is “Sounding Stupider And Stupider”
[ Courtesy of www.HipHopDx.com ]
Scarface adds that “country music is sounding more brilliant.”
Scarface says that modern Rap music pales in comparison to the quality of material being generated in other forms of music.
“The Rap shit [is] sounding stupider and stupider, and Country music is sounding more brilliant,” Scarface says in an interview with xxlmag.com. “Rock music is sounding more brilliant and Alternative music is sounding way more brilliant. Shit sound good as fuck. Everybody [in Hip Hop] wants to turn up now, even in R&B. Who stole the soul? The soul is gone. Twenty-five years ago it was called soul. Thirty years ago it was called soul. Then they turned it into rhythm and blues, R&B. What is it now? Is R&B gone, too?”
A member of politically-minded Gangster Rap group the Geto Boys, Scarface says that music helped determine the type of act he would become.
“I think that the music that I listened to turned me into the artist that I am,” he says. “I grew up listening to great music that molded my character and my artistry, that helped me. You got to look at it. Look at the music that came out 25 years ago. Now match it up to the music that came out today. There’s no comparison to it. I go back to the same question that I always ask. Who stole the soul?”