- 2nd battle and the 1st of #teamhomi vs #cavegang @MONEYBAGZ89_vs @YoungKannon131 #ASCENSION @swavesevah @TheRealTayRoc @BRIZZRAWSTEEN
- 1st battle on #Ascension is @CORTEZ_HSP vs @prezmafiabx who y'all got & why! MAKE SURE TO #ASCENSION @UnbiasReview @Jayblac1615 @ANGRYFAN007
- Ok let's talk about this #Ascension card June 11th!
- T-REX VS K-SHINE https://t.co/Rwzzi0QgXI DESPITE BOOTLEGGING & PPV ALREADY IN ROUTE TO BEING THE BIGGEST BATTLE OF THE YEAR!! 309K IN 24HRS
- RAIN910 X JIM JONES "Red Bandana, Blue Bandana" Album Out NOW For Download & Streaming On All Digital Platforms https://t.co/BjFbbpFxI3
- T-REX VS K-SHINE Watch The Biggest Battle Of The Year.. On The Biggest Stage In Battle Rap #URLTV #SMACK https://t.co/4VTxC3GRWZ
- Big T QMB x M-O Still Out Jugging (OFFICIAL VIDEO) https://t.co/h6RKWqH6qY via @YouTube
- T-REX VS K-SHINE SMACK/ URL RAP BATTLE https://t.co/Rwzzi0QgXI WATCH THE MOST TALKED ABOUT & HIGHEST VIEWED BATTLE OF THE WEEK IN JUST 24HRS
Taxstone on Past Gang Affiliation: I Put on a Red Flag & Just Said I Was Blood
Most gang-affiliated teens join sets to become part of a family. Taxstone, however, chose to start his own Blood set because his rivals became Crip, and according to him he was just “a bad motherf**ker.” “I didn’t grow up f**ked up,” he admitted during this exclusive clip. “I always had food, fly clothes on my back, everything.”
In their early teens, Taxstone and his friends got the go-ahead to start their set by OG T. Rodgers after he called on them to act as security. “I put on a red flag and just said I was Blood one day, and they accepted it,” he said of the ordeal. Unfortunately for Tax and his set, however, one man in position took over after spending a year in jail and putting a large number of inmates in his set. “The s**t was dumb,” Taxstone says of the affiliation years after breaking ties with the Bloods. “Sometimes you have the wrong teachers.”
Today Taxstone doesn’t advocate gang life, as he witnesses young men daily who are forced to do missions similar to ones he did at their age. Explaining how “once you’re in a gang you inherit all their problems,” Tax then equated gangs to pimping. “It’s the manipulation of the mind. You’re manipulating weak individuals, mostly young kids.”
Press play for more.