- RT @DNA_GTFOH: The Best Feeling Is Being Able To Watch Battles Without having 1.... Just Enjoy It & Be A Fan
- Opinions? https://t.co/KPa7s0MTp1
- RT @Therealtech9: When do y'all want @Therealtech9 vs @GeechiGotti to HAPPEN? @urltv
- RT @Shotgunsuge103: DO YALL WANNA SEE ME ON SMACK VOL 2 @urltv
- S/O To @Massappeal On This Article On The @URLTV Movement!!! https://t.co/fGmQGOE539
- URL BREAKING DOWN BARRIERS ONCE AGAIN!!! S/O TO @SERIUSJONES For Killin This Freestyle @MassAppeal https://t.co/THMNdC84lG
- SURVIVOR SERIES ANNOUNCEMENT #5B (BATTLE EVENT 1-20-18) https://t.co/JRepDD7cCa IT TAKES PLACE @ THE TOP @ 10 WALNU… https://t.co/10bHXivmYU
- RT @KENNYKENNY757: @SMACKWHITE standing in front of the"SMACK" tag I did @ #SMACKVOL1 straight up I was #Honored shonnnn! @urltv https://t.…
The Source |Busta Rhymes Parts Ways With Cash Money Records
Busta’s uneventful YMCMB tenure has finally come to an end
In 2011, Busta Rhymes announced he was signing a deal to become a member of Cash Money Records, the widely popular and successful hip-hop label headed by Birdman. Busta was coming off his sensational performance on Chris Brown‘s Top 10 single, “Look At Me Now”, and was prepping to release his new album, E.L.E. 2.
However, despite the hype surrounding the signing and the music Busta was working on, he was never able to quite kick it into gear as a member of the label. He released an album (Year Of The Dragon) via Google Play in 2012, and at the end of 2013 dropped a magnificent collaboration with Q-Tip, Lil’ Wayne & Kanye West, “Thank You”, that appeared to generate the buzz Busta needed to begin a potential album push for 2014, but that eventually fizzed out.
Today, the legendary New York emcee announced his departure from the label, citing the need to focus on his own vision and rollout for the LP.
If I feel like if, in the slightest way we ain’t facilitating everything necessary for the vision to be seen and executed in the way I’m envisioning this s–t for the last five years, let me live and die in my own own inequity, homie. After I see this through, if there’s other opportunities for us to explore as businessmen together, let’s continue to do it.
E.L.E. 2 doesn’t have a release date quite yet, but Busta’s most recent single, “Calm Down”, which features Eminem, is currently gaining traction.