- RT @hollowdadon: @JohnJohnDaDon Leave the jokes alone! Your not funny at all. Do what you do best. Flip my bars, reuse old URL & Smack line…
- RT @Shotgunsuge103: JERSEY MADNESS 7 Vegas WE IN DA BUILDING https://t.co/2EY4Muf5RK
- BE PREPARED‼️OR BE EMBARRASSED‼️SUMMER MADNESS 7 URLTV (8-11-18) https://t.co/Z2VUMBfdD8 via @YouTube ORDER THE LI… https://t.co/IGEACyBZt5
- REED DOLLAZ CHUN REED FREESTYLE (FULL VIDEO) | URLTV https://t.co/fCtk6CobIk via @YouTube
- DNA VS NU JERZEY TWORK - FACEOFF | CHAMPION - SMACK/URL https://t.co/RRgcL0LyBi SEE BATTLE RAPS BIGGEST EVENT SUMMR… https://t.co/3gT46Hz0Qx
- @tsu_surf is back facing off against #IronSolomon @ Summer Madness 7 The Super Bowl of MC Battle Culture | Sat. Aug… https://t.co/ierTB3GEtK
- ihatetrex112st Vs. @realreeddollaz finally goes down on Summer Madness 7 The Super Bowl of MC Battle Culture | Sat.… https://t.co/xg4lDw2S5f
- Who would you like to see @B_dot_the_GoD battle next? @Jayblac1615 @hiphopisrealtv @Battle_Rap_News… https://t.co/4YFwPTy4aH
The Source | Jay Z Named One Of The Art World’s Most Powerful People
Put him anywhere on God’s green earth.
If Jay Z cared at all about becoming hip-hop’s first billionaire–which was a very real possibility, given the early success of his latest venture, Roc Nation Sports–his mood most likely worsened significantly in the past couple hours, after news of Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine‘s likely 3.2 billion dollar payout surfaced on the net.
So here’s a silver lining.
Despite taking criticism from several people–including Drake–about his interest in art being more about keeping up pop culture trends than an actual interest and appreciation for the art world, The Guardian named Jay Z one of the most powerful people in the art world today, as they prepare for New York’s Frieze art fair.
Despite the listing, The Guardian had some unfavorable comments about Jay Z’s “performance art” music video for “Picasso Baby”, which debuted on HBO last year, pretty much referring to it as cluttered and overdone, but according to this placement, there’s no doubt Hov has his foot in the door.