- Who y’all wanna see @TOPBIZZY battle next? @B_dot_the_GoD @illwill6deep @NUJERZEYTWORK or @TheRealTayRoc… https://t.co/BMwY4Zzj2D
- RT @Jayblac1615: Battle of the Year Round of the Year Bar of the Year Champion of the Year https://t.co/suNx8eh20L
- RT @CORTEZ_HSP: Let’s Bet Our Second Hal... oh wait.... nvmd 🙄🤦🏻♂️ https://t.co/6wrzvtDKwq
- RT @Ryda_Baby: They’ve had me losing every battle I’ve been a part of and time and time again it’s Ryda 30 or Ryda 2-1. What makes you thin…
- SMACK / URL EVENT CALENDAR (TRAILER) FOLLOW THE MOVEMENT ALL YOUR BATTLE NEEDS ARE HERE‼️ https://t.co/0Kogursirz
- #predictions_urltv VOTE & RETWEET We going, going Back, back To Cali Cali RUM NITTY VS BRIZZ RAWSTEEN… https://t.co/nEwe2uke9H
- SMACK/ URL INITIATION ANNOUNCEMENT #1 (7-8-18) https://t.co/jV2X9slNiz TRUST ME WE ARE JUST GETTING STARTED!!! - BO… https://t.co/92Dy4eQnWT
- RT @BLACKCOMPASSS: BLACK COMPASS LIVE W/ BEASLEY & P BREAKING DOWN WHY T-TOP & BRIZZ AREN'T ON BORN LEGACY, MOOK VS. SURF & MORE! https:/…
VLAD TV | Immortal Technique: Poor People Steal But The Rich Do Way Worse
Meek Mill’s comments on not returning to the hood once you reach a certain level of fame sparked quite the conversation throughout the hip-hop world, with several artists and commentators either siding or wholeheartedly disagreeing with him. In this clip, Immortal Technique doesn’t necessarily give his opinion on it, but rather sheds light on why people who live in the hood participate in crime.
“The reality is that poverty makes people do reckless things, but rich people do way worse to protect the money that they have and to take advantage of things,” he says. The social activist also reminisced on some of the more dangerous hoods he’s been to in the past. “For me, I’ve been in a lot of different hoods…I’m from New York so there’s Bloods everywhere. It reminds me and it makes me think about when I went home to Latin America and people recognized me for the first time. And yeah, I did notice a couple of people look at me sideways like ‘is he really here in the middle of the hood?'”
Watch this exclusive clip to find out more about Immortal Technique’s experiences in the hood, and hear him shout out slain rapper Chinx. “G-d rest his soul, man. That’s a horrible thing to happen to anybody,” he states, offering his condolences to Chinx’s loved ones. Hear more above.