- RT @urltv: #SM7 Before The Shot: [email protected] https://t.co/3U7FBfxdsI
- RT @belikeike_: @TheRealTayRoc Throw Back Promo. The 11 left in homies back says yes lol https://t.co/cKkxg6qogw
- RT @Jayblac1615: #BattleRapWasDopeWhen
- RT @hollowdadon: @urltv released the flyer for Summer Madness 8, London we coming! https://t.co/Cn2HfQO6rw
- @illwill6deep V. @ored973 | Sat. Aug. 11th | #SM7 | Email: [email protected] | Pay Per View: https://t.co/O6QfRaDzg8… https://t.co/WWeTpnykMS
- @hitmanholla Vs. @therealtayroc is going down on Summer Madness 7 The Super Bowl of MC Battle Culture | Sat. Aug. 1… https://t.co/eD9Swizzrv
- @tsu_surf is back facing off against #IronSolomon @ Summer Madness 7 The Super Bowl of MC Battle Culture | Sat. Aug… https://t.co/sm72Xj0OZZ
- RT @NUJERZEYTWORK: GEECHI GOTTI IS SOMETHING WE AS BATTLE RAP FANS HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE .... BOY IS AMAZING .
VLADTV | Dumbfoundead: Big T & Rone Was Best Battle Of 2015 So Far
http://www.vladtv.com – In an exclusive interview with VladTV, Dumbfoundead speaks on his issue with mainstream artists crossing over into the battle rap world, his favorite events of the year and why he was surprised Drake knew who he was.
The Los Angeles native briefly touches on his hesitation with mainstream artists trying their hand at battle rap. The rapper says it’s difficult for artists who have to constantly edit themselves to kick a fluid, captivating rhyme the audience will connect with. He also says mainstream acts could be far removed from their roots, making it another hurdle when it comes to subjects and connecting with the crowd.
For his favorite event of the year, Dumbfoundead gives the title to the February Blackout 5 event. The rapper says the event was memorable because of the unity and respect the battle rappers had for one another.
He also enjoyed Big T and Rone’s battle at the event, making it one of his favorite battles of the year so far. He also says it rappers from the Smack and KOTD’s events got along well, dismissing stigmas in the industry.